Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Allegheny County DA warns Pittsburgh council could face charges over gun restrictions

Wow.

https://triblive.com/news/adminpage/...n-restrictions

Edit: Obviously, we all knew that this was the reality of these proposed laws...but I'm a little shocked that Zappala was proactive in sending such a letter...
    Last edited by Gundelt; January 15th, 2019 at 12:19 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Allegheny County DA warns Pittsburgh council could face charges over gun restrict

This is awesome. Sometimes our system of government does work. Helped in no small part by the rally I'm sure...

Default Re: Allegheny County DA warns Pittsburgh council could face charges over gun restrict

I won't claim I helped because I'm sure I'm not the only one that wrote to him, but I sent him a letter asking if he intends on holding them accountable.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I won't claim I helped because I'm sure I'm not the only one that wrote to him, but I sent him a letter asking if he intends on holding them accountable.

What do you make of this comment?

Tim McNulty, spokesman for the mayor’s office, said only that “the city is not sharing its legal strategy on these bills.”

What could they have up their sleeves?
    Masters Degree from, School of Hardknocks and College of Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by CycleTech View Post
    What do you make of this comment?

Tim McNulty, spokesman for the mayor’s office, said only that “the city is not sharing its legal strategy on these bills.”

What could they have up their sleeves?
    Supposedly they have a private firm helping them but won't disclose. Talk about transparency.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    That's funny because the story reads that at least one Allegheny County resident would most likely file suit against them and your name came to mind. Or are you in Beaver County? (Actually kind of irrelevant, your name still came to mind)
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Allegheny County)

If they decide not to pursue these illegal bills - does that mean the 24th won’t need people to attend ?
    Also - kdka had a short blurb on the noon news - conveniently showing a guy operating a full auto Rifle (or was it a bumpstock?) I never saw or shot one.- nonetheless way to mislead !! Most of us - one trigger pull - one shot
    Last edited by Just1more; January 15th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    That's funny because the story reads that at least one Allegheny County resident would most likely file suit against them and your name came to mind. Or are you in Beaver County? (Actually kind of irrelevant, your name still came to mind)
    I'm Beaver. They do have plaintiffs standing by to sue. (Prince's group)

Quote Originally Posted by Just1more View Post
    If they decide not to pursue these illegal bills - does that mean the 24th won’t need people to attend ?
    Also - kdka had a short blurb on the noon news - conveniently showing a guy operating a full auto Rifle - way to mislead !!
    They haven't call off the hearing.

(Delaware County)

Allegheny County DA warns Pittsburgh council could face charges over gun restrictions
    Quote Originally Posted by Gundelt View Post
    Wow.
    ~snip~

but I'm a little shocked that Zappala was proactive in sending such a letter...

Waaay back when the DA at the time in Philly told city council she wouldn't enforce any of their illegal gun ordinances.

It really shouldn't be a WOW moment, being sworn to uphold the law and all, but it always is when one of them has the guts to do so.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast