Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Wayne County)

Default Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - Long Pond, PA March 9-10, 2019

It's time of year again. Time for our late winter WRFA class. Time to get off the couch and make a New Year's resolution to actually learn how to use that big ol' med kit you keep in your vehicle.

Outdoor recreation can provide the setting for once-in-a-lifetime experiences for many people. However, it also comes with its own set of vulnerabilities and exposures, especially when access to definitive medical care is hours or days away. As such, Sandcut Outdoors is offering another Wilderness and Remote First Aid class for American Red Cross certification. This class will teach you the skills that you would need to be able to appropriately respond to a medical emergency in a delayed care setting if one should occur on your next adventure or in your own back yard.

This class is designed for giving care when access to EMS is greater than 30 minutes. The course will cover the fundamentals of wilderness medicine and will include a combination of lecture and hands-on, skills-based scenarios. Topics covered will include managing group dynamics during a medical emergency, evacuation considerations, patient assessment, controlling bleeding and wound care, bone and joint injuries, head/neck/spinal injuries, cold and heat emergencies, altitude illnesses, patient stabilization and movement, cardiac and respiratory illness, allergic and metabolic emergencies and much more.

The WRFA class will be held on Saturday and Sunday, March 9 and 10, 2019 from 9 am to 6 pm each day.

An Adult CPR/AED class will be offered on Friday March 8, 2019 from 5 pm to 8:30 pm for those requiring the certification as a prerequisite for the WRFA class or for anyone requiring Adult CPR/AED certification.

The cost for the course is as follows:

Wilderness and Remote First Aid only - $180 (for those already holding an Adult CPR/AED certification

WRFA + Adult CPR/AED* - $225 (both courses bundled for a substantial cost savings)

Adult CPR/AED only - $90 (for those needing only CPR training)

Class prerequisites:
    Must be at least 14 years old
    Must show proof of a current Adult CPR/AED certification *...

This class will be held at The Nature Conservancy’s Hauser Nature Center, located at 1567 Long Pond Road, Long Pond, PA.

To register for the course, send an email to
    SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmail.com
    For questions call Mike at 570)955-8391 or email the address above.
    Registration for this class will close on Sunday, February 24.

https://www.facebook.com/events/2213773488861629/
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Berks County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - Long Pond, PA March 9-10, 2019

I know this is reviving an old thread.. but is there any signs of doing this is 2020/2021?
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Wayne County)

Default Re: Wilderness and Remote First Aid class - Long Pond, PA March 9-10, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    I know this is reviving an old thread.. but is there any signs of doing this is 2020/2021?

Things are pretty much up in the air at the moment. At least until this mess starts to level off in a predictable manner. I had to cancel all but one of my spring classes/programs. That hurt quite a bit!

The next regularly scheduled WRFA class is normally held one of the first two weekends in Novmber. It'll likely go on the calendar in mid-late August, so check back in September.

I update all programs/classes on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/SandcutOutdoors/?ref=bookmarks

I also need to update my website in a serious way. www.SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmai.com

Keep an eye out or feel free to give me a yell.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Things are pretty much up in the air at the moment. At least until this mess starts to level off in a predictable manner. I had to cancel all but one of my spring classes/programs. That hurt quite a bit!

The next regularly scheduled WRFA class is normally held one of the first two weekends in Novmber. It'll likely go on the calendar in mid-late August, so check back in September.

I update all programs/classes on Facebook at https://m.facebook.com/SandcutOutdoors/?ref=bookmarks

I also need to update my website in a serious way. www.SandcutOutdoorsLLC@gmai.com

Keep an eye out or feel free to give me a yell.
    Thanks Sandcut. I'm an EMS provider just looking to add more knowledge base to my craft.
    "A government big enough to give you everything you have, is also big enough to take it all away.
    Gerald Ford.

Happiness is 5,000 rounds of match ammo.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Konsukah_19 View Post
    Thanks Sandcut. I'm an EMS provider just looking to add more knowledge base to my craft.
    Awesome! It's good to see folks keeping current on their skills.

Keep an eye out. I have a telemeeting with a facilith in Monroe Co. on Tuesday about offering some courses once things go "yellow". I may try to squeek in a WRFA class this summer since many folks won't be going on vacation this summer. Normally folks are too busy for a course like this in summer, but I think this year may be different. I'll hopefully know more by Wednesday.