Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Wayne County)

Default Re: Honesdale-Hawley

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Not really, and this is just thought for now. The prices I've seen vary so much for the same type house, it's crazy.

For me it's more of what I'd like to have. One floor, (and a basement) at least 2 bedrooms, more than one bathroom, a garage, something beside electric heat.

If and when you get closer to a date, contact me. I know a few real good realtors, and I usually just use their closing and paperwork services...I am always on the MLS looking fr properties. I'd be glad to help ya locate something.
    Small hand made batches of beef jerky...Mountain Meats and More on Face Book

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    If and when you get closer to a date, contact me. I know a few real good realtors, and I usually just use their closing and paperwork services...I am always on the MLS looking fr properties. I'd be glad to help ya locate something.

Thanks.

(Wayne County)

I live 3 miles from Hawley right on lake wallenpaupack on the 590 side. It's the family vacation home that I spent summers in and for the last 4 years I've been back and forth between here and Fort Lauderdale FL. I love this area but I am healthy, active, and fairly young. I would not want to move to this area to retire especially if I was not in great health. My advice is to move south. 6 months a year it is cold here. I grew up in Philly and just the difference between there and up here was alot just coming up on weekends. Any serious health concerns and you are driving an hour to scranton. Houses can be bought cheap IF you want to put work into them. Imo being near the graves is not a valid reason to move somewhere.

I'll give you a slightly different view, as I was born and raised in Wayne Co. (Honesdale) and came to Delaware Co in 1985 for my job.

Most of my family, and many friends still live in Honesdale (Wayne Co) so I get up regularly, probably 7 or 8 times each year.

Trust me when I tell you, if I could make the money "up home", that I make in DelCo, I'd still be "up home".

As to whoever said there are no good places to eat, I will put places to eat up against many/most in DelCo, and I can tell you that anyone I've brought up to the area are stunned when they find out how good the food is, and how many great places there are to eat!

But, as someone said, if you no not like snow you really might want to reconsider moving there, because DelCo gets nothing (and I do mean nothing) in comparison.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwt1405 View Post
    I'll give you a slightly different view, as I was born and raised in Wayne Co. (Honesdale) and came to Delaware Co in 1985 for my job.

Most of my family, and many friends still live in Honesdale (Wayne Co) so I get up regularly, probably 7 or 8 times each year.

Trust me when I tell you, if I could make the money "up home", that I make in DelCo, I'd still be "up home".

As to whoever said there are no good places to eat, I will put places to eat up against many/most in DelCo, and I can tell you that anyone I've brought up to the area are stunned when they find out how good the food is, and how many great places there are to eat!

But, as someone said, if you no not like snow you really might want to reconsider moving there, because DelCo gets nothing (and I do mean nothing) in comparison.
    So true about eating out! I am actually thinking of how can I change it.
    Je suis déplorable

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456