Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Boy Thats NICE! I thought Beretta was pushing styling envelope with the CX4 Storm Carbine...of course they are part owners I think...............but thats HOT and .223 no less!
    if you ever see my post edited...its most likely for speling :D
    "Inter Arma Enim Silent Leges"-In Time of War the Law Falls Silent-Cicero
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum"-If you want peace, prepare for war-Flavius Vegetius Renatus

"America Starts Here!"-former PA state Slogan...until NJ complained and our wussy GovRendell changed it!

Default Re: NEW TOY!!!! FN Herstal FS2000....

Hey Jay....did you see that FN has a recall on the FS2000? I am not sure if they contacted you about it...just wanted you to know that I saw this on the FN57 forum.

(Westmoreland County)

Has anyone developed IAD's for this weapon? I'm sincerely curious since reading a review a couple of months ago.

(Montgomery County)

IADs?
    please explain.

FS2000 extended range report...

I shot my FS 2000 extensively at a MG shoot recently.
    I had previously shot the gun merely to sight it in, 62 gr LC greentip.
    at the shoot i used a mix of tracer, and wolf, and LC 62gr
    I shot about 500+rds in about 5 hrs off and on, some mags back to back rapid fire.
    the gun at no time got too hot to hold, nor was there any deformation of the plastics, discoloration of the finish, nor did it get hot enough to burn thru the nylon sling attached to the metal HK style snap hook.
    I used USGI mags, and the british grayish steel mags
    also, due to the way its designed, no blast or any powder in the face at all.
    it also suffered not a single misfire, FTE, or FTF, not a single problem noted at all.
    the trigger is a little annoying if you are used to a AR15/m16 series gun, its not crisp. As I was swapping back and forth between the M16 and the FS2000, and other rapid fire rifles, it was noticable.
    However, over the day, the trigger smoothed out a bit, and was easier to manipulate, i estimate its about 8lbs or so.
    Rapid fire is easy, the gun has a straight back recoil that is simple to get back on target rapidly in a rapid fire situation.
    Shots on tannerite out to 150m + were fiendishly simple, and the ACOG I have on top is perfect for the gun.

the only mildly annoying thing is the gun has a small film of copper on forearm closest to the gas cylinder, and on the flutes of the flash hider, but it wipes off easily, apparently the ammo was shedding some jacket material.
    It;s an ammo thing on this, it did the same with my M16 o a couple of uppers.

its a keeper!

well, it will be, i need to send it back for the firing pin recall, apparently mine is one of the first 400 in the country that needs the upgrade....still cant decide wether or not to, people are reporting light firing pin hits with thier "fixed" carbines.

further, in cleaning it was remarkably clean in the action area, most of the gunk was in the lug recesses in the chamber area.

heres a comparison pic with my registered short barreled AR15:
    "Oderint Dum Metuant" - BMFH

"Tact is for people not witty enough to use sarcasm"

Note: any whingeing crazy that hits my PM inbox will be deleted without reply

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    IADs? please explain.
    Immediate Action Drills aka Malfunction Clearance Drills. The design doesn't facilitate access to the chamber area. And isn't this the model that burps out cases through some kind of tube or am I thinking of another FN model?

(Montgomery County)

this is the model that puts the emties out thru a tube,

the black lid behind the rear sight is the access area to the chamber, it flips up.

so far, in all the posts and reports i have seen, not a single person has reported a FTF, FTE, or any other malfunction.
    one person reports over 8K rds fired, not a single problem.
    even a dud round is easily ejected, just pull the cocking handle and it goes up and out the tube with the empties.

various countries such as belgium, norway and sweden have tested the tube ejection system with muf, dirt, and frozen mud, the arm on the bolt carrier slams the obstruction out, same as an empty.

IAD would be:
    tap rack bang
    if no bang, flip lid, rack, observe, action depends on whats wrong.

I cant think of anything special.
    you can swap mags out while holding it on target, just like the m16.
    much easier than the AUG.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JayBell View Post
    you can swap mags out while holding it on target, just like the m16.
    much easier than the AUG.
    Is that the mag release at the base of the grip and the base of the magazine? How does it operate?

Thanks.

The mag release is somewhat weird at first but pretty ingenious really. The tab that you see just in front of the mag pushes up. So when you go to grab the mag with a full grip you simply push up on the tab with your hand then pull the mag down. It works rather well.

I am not from PN but I have been browsing on google looking for discussion on this. I picked one up about 3 weeks ago and I have shot it twice. I mounted a luepold CQT scope on it and LOVE it. With the somewhat raised mount it came with it fits perfectly with the stock to rest your face on. Seeing that I opted not to put a longer range scope on it I have only sighted it in at 50 yards but standing up I am holding a 2 inch group with it. The rifle is very heavy much more so than I expected. The trigger is definitely noticeable from other assault rifles I think its listed at 12 pounds. But most bullpups are that way if I remember correctly. It is heavy for sure and you do notice it the first mag you put through. I have a bushy and an HK SL8 to compare to this thing and I dare say it shoots even smoother than the SL8. Its a world of difference to an Ar-15 though. Just completely smooth. Its become my favorite rifle and that’s saying a lot for me because I put my SL8 on a pedestal.

The pic above shows the AR-15 with something like an 11 inch barrel while the FN has around an 18 inch one. Its a big difference in the small package.

I got mine from CDNN and its full black. I didn’t like the OD green much. I can post a pic or 2 with the black furniture and the scope if anyone wants a peak.

If you have any other questions about it feel free to post.
    Last edited by bonebreak2000; October 30th, 2006 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Typo

Jaybell, are you formerly of Sansdusky Ohio? I ask because there's a guy on myspace that has that exact same picture in his profile pics. Someone might be highjacking your pics...
    "We shoot to stop. ... Unfortunately, death can be a byproduct."

(Montgomery County)

no, I've always been in PA...so, some asshat in Myspace is stealing the pics eh?
    hmm....well, a hotlink check, and he might find something that gets his myspace account pulled.
    can you post a link?
    I did a search, and found squat.
    thanks
    Last edited by JayBell; October 31st, 2006 at 02:54 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast