Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Home Defense: 00 Buck or #4 Buck?

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    00 buck for me. Federal flight control. No reduced recoil. No mini shells. No racking the pump for effect. No firing two blasts into the air. No birdshot to 'give em something to think about'. The time for thinking was before they came into the house. Just 00 buck. I know where the kids beds are. I wont shoot in that direction.
    ^^^^^Can’t go wrong with this^^^^^

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I have seen some some of those high on “wet” and I would bet they would fight through a gunshot until they bled out.

On another note, home invasions (where the invaders and home occupants were probably all up to no good) have had some participants “well equipped”.
    Meth is also making a comeback. Rumor is Pagans are pushing it in our area. Also they’ve been lacing heroin with meth as the new “speed ball”.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Berks County)

This is what I have loaded in my HD 870 20” barrel.
    https://www.sportsmansguide.com/prod...ounds?a=573019

As far as the OP’s original question ..I’ll take 00 buck over #4.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

We could poll all of the home intruders shot with #4 buck and all of the intruders shot with #00 buck to see which one they preferred to be hit squarely with at home defense ranges...

...oh wait...they are all dead.

I really don't think it matters much. A square hit with either works...

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Seabee CO View Post
    We could poll all of the home intruders shot with #4 buck and all of the intruders shot with #00 buck to see which one they preferred to be hit squarely with at home defense ranges...

...oh wait...they are all dead.

I really don't think it matters much. A square hit with either works...
    Well put....I think all of us tend to overthink things sometimes
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

(Westmoreland County)

The FBI liked #4 buck. So do I.

If you're going to consider birdshot perhaps cut shells will work? I lack any experience with them but the old timers assure me that they're like a slug.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I have seen some some of those high on “wet” and I would bet they would fight through a gunshot until they bled out.
    While in the academy, medical examiner Filinger, showing slides of cases, described a male entered a home in west Philly, climbed the steps. Person inside shot him in the chest with a shotgun (sorry, don't recall the load, but we are talking mere feet here). The male turned around, walked back down the steps and exited the home, and collapsed on the sidewalk, dead. The heart was obliterated. Loss of blood pressure and supply was instantaneous. His brain retained enough oxygen to make it down and out. Had he been armed and chose to, he probably would have been able to inflict death or injury after receiving the wound.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    While in the academy, medical examiner Filinger, showing slides of cases, described a male entered a home in west Philly, climbed the steps. Person inside shot him in the chest with a shotgun (sorry, don't recall the load, but we are talking mere feet here). The male turned around, walked back down the steps and exited the home, and collapsed on the sidewalk, dead. The heart was obliterated. Loss of blood pressure and supply was instantaneous. His brain retained enough oxygen to make it down and out. Had he been armed and chose to, he probably would have been able to inflict death or injury after receiving the wound.
    Exactly.
    Our military has documented many Islamists that were shot over and over while engaging our people, and they were so loaded up on drugs that they just wouldn't quit.
    The Islamists like loading their people up on drugs before going out to die in suicidal Jihadist attacks.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Wayne County)

Our government keeps 50% of the population high on drugs just to keep the stupid.

(Blair County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Suppressed AR. Otherwise you may as well drop a flash-bang at your feet.

Yeah, I always hate that guy that opines with an answer that wasn't part of the question. Either option will do the job and be very accurate within house distances. We did a drill shooting the silhouette target at 7 yards in the head. They all hit the head, every single time.

I'm not a fan of birdshot. It may be enough to stop the action, it may not. Not a chance I'd want to take. If I'm shooting someone, it means they are dangerous and must be stopped.

https://ammo.com/bullet-type/4-buck
    IMO at in home range an ounce of shot is an ounce of shot. Personally Id go for a pistol, but if I was going to use a shotty inside it would be a 20 g with birdshot. 2 or 3" of spread either way , same amount of weight more wound paths......not going thru exterior walls.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast