Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Target Shooting Solutions

Went back to TSS for the 1st time in several months. Still a very nice range and the staff was nice, however, the contract they make you sign seems to have grown. If your not comfortable giving all your life details including occupation, work address and phone number, experience level with various firearms and past training you probably should skip this place. New prices are $25 for primary shooter and $15 for guest on same lane. Again, nice facility but that contract was crazy intrusive.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Target Shooting Solutions

That's interesting. I'd like to hear why they want to know my employment info and what happens if you refuse to provide that info.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by zoid11 View Post
    Went back to TSS for the 1st time in several months. Still a very nice range and the staff was nice, however, the contract they make you sign seems to have grown. If your not comfortable giving all your life details including occupation, work address and phone number, experience level with various firearms and past training you probably should skip this place. New prices are $25 for primary shooter and $15 for guest on same lane. Again, nice facility but that contract was crazy intrusive.
    I kinda wanted to visit, and my normal ranges are closed. I "noped out" when I saw this in the waiver.
    Kp2qI5G.jpg
    I'm not signing away the rights to my image, so some wacky leftist can dox me. GTFOH

BTW, lanes are now $30, which I think might be the highest in southeast Pennsylvania
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Chester County)

$30 bucks a lane is nuts. Annual membership is $399 and 6 momth $250. Saw no senior discount. French Creek Outfitters was $125 a year for seniors. Will only go there if I really need to in a pinch. 45 minutes away from me so looking elsewhere.
    Anybody know about West Caln Sportsman Club. Seems down to earth and fairly close for me.

(Berks County)

I only buy guns there. They get things others don't.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    $30 bucks a lane is nuts. Annual membership is $399 and 6 momth $250. Saw no senior discount. French Creek Outfitters was $125 a year for seniors. Will only go there if I really need to in a pinch. 45 minutes away from me so looking elsewhere.
    Anybody know about West Caln Sportsman Club. Seems down to earth and fairly close for me.
    My in-laws are members at West Caln. My wife and I were too a couple of years back. We let our membership lapse. Too many restrictions for my tastes and an overall FUDD vibe. You can't just go to the range and shoot. There has to be an RO present. You can become an RO, but then you're on a call list for any non-RO who wants to come out and shoot. You're also then responsible for the person or persons shooting while you're the RO. No thanks.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    My in-laws are members at West Caln. My wife and I were too a couple of years back. We let our membership lapse. Too many restrictions for my tastes and an overall FUDD vibe. You can't just go to the range and shoot. There has to be an RO present. You can become an RO, but then you're on a call list for any non-RO who wants to come out and shoot. You're also then responsible for the person or persons shooting while you're the RO. No thanks.
    Ok, thanks for the input Ronin. I often hear shooting in the distance near me so would be nice to track it down and make new friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Ok, thanks for the input Ronin. I often hear shooting in the distance near me so would be nice to track it down and make new friends.

I've heard good things about Morgantown Rod and Gun Club. They have open membership, I believe. You need to be sponsored by a member. Easiest way for that is to attend a meeting.

There's also New Holland Rifle and Pistol and Atglen Sportsmen's Club. Both are excellent clubs. Unfortunately, both have closed membership right now. NHRPC opens their waitlist in October and Atglen in January.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I've heard good things about Morgantown Rod and Gun Club. They have open membership, I believe. You need to be sponsored by a member. Easiest way for that is to attend a meeting.

There's also New Holland Rifle and Pistol and Atglen Sportsmen's Club. Both are excellent clubs. Unfortunately, both have closed membership right now. NHRPC opens their waitlist in October and Atglen in January.
    I've never been a member at New Holland, but was there for a couple days taking a class. The pistol bay with the steel targets would be fun, and there are a couple bays with berms on 3 sides where you can do nearly anything if they are not already in use. It is a nice range, but is about a 50 minute drive for me without any significant traffic and they require that members to do repair work on the range once a year or something like that.

I never followed up as I probably wouldn't get my money's worth out of an annual membership.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I've never been a member at New Holland, but was there for a couple days taking a class. The pistol bay with the steel targets would be fun, and there are a couple bays with berms on 3 sides where you can do nearly anything if they are not already in use. It is a nice range, but is about a 50 minute drive for me without any significant traffic and they require that members to do repair work on the range once a year or something like that.

I never followed up as I probably wouldn't get my money's worth out of an annual membership.
    There's no annual work requirement at NHRPC. You have to attend two work days and four meetings in the first two years. But, you can substitute meetings for work days or assisting with matches. Once you've met that requirement, you are free to do as you like (within club rules).