Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Which CZ75B Model?

I'm thinking of purchasing a CZ75B in the near future and want some opinions. I can't get the standard because I'm a lefty and need the ambi safety. The stainless models that have an ambi safety are difficult to find and more expensive. The 85B is tough to find too I'm seeing.

So because of that I've narrowed it to the 75B SA the 75B Omega Convertible. They both have the high swept beavertail which is nice, and the Omega has the different hammer and Novak style sights. The SA has the full profile slide, while the Omega is the traditional 75B lines. The Omega is also about $40 cheaper. It offers the option to switch between safety and decocker, which is nice.

This will be a range pistol only so SAO is ok with me. I think what it comes down to is which trigger system is better? How will the SA trigger pulls compare on these models? How is the Omega DA pull?

Anyone have experience with these CZ models?

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Which CZ75B Model?

Take a look at the factory Shadow version. Similar to this https://czcustom.com/new-firearms/cz...oat-91150.html or https://cz-usa.com/product/cz-75-b-s...ack-16-rd-mags Ambidextrous safety and reversible magazine release. Single Action. $556 or so MSRP so it won't break the bank either. I have the Shadow SA and I love it! The trigger is just about the best I've ever found, even on Clark or Baer built M1911 target guns. I've found the CZ DA guns have much too long a reach to the trigger for my paws. If I can say anything bad at all about it, I'm sorry I didn't buy two!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Montgomery County)

If your comfortable with Cz clones and want something affordable, check out the Sarsilmaz (Sar) lineup of handguns.

(Chester County)

If this is your first CZ the difference in the trigger on the standard 75bs versus the Omegas will be negligible. Some like the Omega better and some prefer the standard. I highly recommend looking at the SP-01s as well. The have ambi controls, the upswept beaver tail, full dust cover which adds a little bit of extra weight up front to mitigate recoil and front and back serrations on the grip.

(Northampton County)

You can make any of the ones you are looking at into nice target guns with some springs from Cajun Gun Works. The SA model you can easily swap out the sights as well. I would not be afraid of any of those choices. In addition you could add a Cajun 10X bushing to further increase the accuracy.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Lancaster County)

^^Brian, Fo you have any recommendations on springs for a 75BD(Police)? I’m not only looking to improve the first da pull but also the follow up sa pulls. Thanks, Brian P.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

I have a CZ-75B-SA in .40 and think it's the greatest pistol since the 1911! Had the same thing in 9mm , but since I have an original -75 , I didn't need it.

cz7540.jpg

In fact , I think so highly of it , it's been my bedside H-D pistol for quite a few years now.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Northampton County)

Go with the blue 13 lb main spring , also replace the trigger return spring and install Dave's Floating trigger pin, last replace the firing pin lifter spring and firing pin spring .If you want to take it all the way get two H Pins for the hammer strut and disconector
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Montgomery County)

I have both the 75B and the 85B and would not part with either of them. Dave_n

(Lancaster County)

Any CZ is a great choice. Find the one that fits your hand the best.