Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig p365 review

Default Re: Sig p365 review

I took it out to the range again today. I put about 250 rounds through it. It ran great with problems.

But something to be aware of. I looked at the spent brass today to see if there was any primer drag. There was. One of the things people are reporting with this gun is that when the firing pin strikes the primer, it drags on the primer a bit. Some people think that this may have led to some firing pins eventually breaking. It is not clear to me if Sig addressed this in any way. A picture of my brass is below.

It is something worth researching further if you are considering buying this gun. I also shot my Glock 19 today and the brass did not have any drag. Neither did my friends Kimber 9mm.

But that aside, it ran great, was accurate and felt great in my hand again.

exotic mens names

The drag is more common to smaller subcompact pistols that being said my 43 and Shield don't have it but I have seen other 43's that had slight drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    The drag is more common to smaller subcompact pistols that being said my 43 and Shield don't have it but I have seen other 43's that had slight drag.
    thanks for the info. I was planning on taking out all my subcompacts next time and checking. Might make for a fun day of comparisons in a lot of different areas.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I took it out to the range again today. I put about 250 rounds through it. It ran great with problems.

But something to be aware of. I looked at the spent brass today to see if there was any primer drag. There was. One of the things people are reporting with this gun is that when the firing pin strikes the primer, it drags on the primer a bit. Some people think that this may have led to some firing pins eventually breaking. It is not clear to me if Sig addressed this in any way. A picture of my brass is below.

It is something worth researching further if you are considering buying this gun. I also shot my Glock 19 today and the brass did not have any drag. Neither did my friends Kimber 9mm.

But that aside, it ran great, was accurate and felt great in my hand again.

exotic mens names
    Already discussed in another thread. There were reports of firing pins breaking. Sig increased the size of the radius between the firing pin and the body of the striker, which lessens the stress concentration at the point where the firing pin would break off. The cut-in date for the new striker design was sometime in June, IIRC. Mine was made on June 4, and it had the old striker design. I had Sig install the new-style striker when I returned mine for failure to go into battery consistently. They charged me around $35 for replacing it. It's running like a champ now.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Already discussed in another thread. There were reports of firing pins breaking. Sig increased the size of the radius between the firing pin and the body of the striker, which lessens the stress concentration at the point where the firing pin would break off. The cut-in date for the new striker design was sometime in June, IIRC. Mine was made on June 4, and it had the old striker design. I had Sig install the new-style striker when I returned mine for failure to go into battery consistently. They charged me around $35 for replacing it. It's running like a champ now.
    thanks for the info. I probably read about it in the other thread but sometimes things go in one ear and out the other.

I got the gun out to the range for another 200 or so rounds today. The last two times I practiced at 7 1/2 yards and 15 yards. I tested it out on the 25 yard range today. the gun did not disappoint. It feels great and I love not having to reload every 6 or 7 rounds fired. Of the 200 I shot today, the only problem I had was a stovepipe 1/2 way through. It was literally the first shot after I changed my grip to experiment a little. I went back to my regular grip after that and not 1 problem for the next 100 so I would say the stovepipe was definitely user error, not the gun.

I clean the gun after every use since I carry this gun. Break down and cleaning is easy. There is a small trick putting it back together but once you realize that you have to move the slide stop up a bit to get the takedown lever in the perfect position it is not even an inconvenience.

I hope to keep posting positive things about this gun. The ability to hold 10+1 or 12+1 puts it ahead of other micro guns I’ve carried. I like the trigger a lot and I shoot accurately with the gun.

In the past I would carry my .380 bodyguard when I was going places where I wanted deep concealment, my xd subcompact carrying16+1 during the winter when concealment did not matter much, and a micro 9 or my .45 shield the rest of the time.

This gun has knocked it down to the bodyguard and the sig 365. The added capacity in the small package has eliminated the need for the xd subcompact in my rotation.

That alone says a lot about how much I like this gun.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I got the gun out to the range for another 200 or so rounds today. The last two times I practiced at 7 1/2 yards and 15 yards. I tested it out on the 25 yard range today. the gun did not disappoint. It feels great and I love not having to reload every 6 or 7 rounds fired. Of the 200 I shot today, the only problem I had was a stovepipe 1/2 way through. It was literally the first shot after I changed my grip to experiment a little. I went back to my regular grip after that and not 1 problem for the next 100 so I would say the stovepipe was definitely user error, not the gun.

I clean the gun after every use since I carry this gun. Break down and cleaning is easy. There is a small trick putting it back together but once you realize that you have to move the slide stop up a bit to get the takedown lever in the perfect position it is not even an inconvenience.

I hope to keep posting positive things about this gun. The ability to hold 10+1 or 12+1 puts it ahead of other micro guns I’ve carried. I like the trigger a lot and I shoot accurately with the gun.

In the past I would carry my .380 bodyguard when I was going places where I wanted deep concealment, my xd subcompact carrying16+1 during the winter when concealment did not matter much, and a micro 9 or my .45 shield the rest of the time.

This gun has knocked it down to the bodyguard and the sig 365. The added capacity in the small package has eliminated the need for the xd subcompact in my rotation.

That alone says a lot about how much I like this gun.
    Good report thanks. I have yet to shoot mine. It's nice to hear good reports because the norm is for people that have problems to complain online and those that are happy not to bother to report.
    Sticks and stones will break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

(Westmoreland County)

Since the wifey and I cannot decide which of us gets the next gun, we decided that the dog will buy a p365 for us to share. almost put one on layaway at dunhams last night

(Northampton County)

I'm waiting for a big failure with my 365 that hopefully won't happen. The only issue I've had thus far is with Winchester 124gr FMJ whitebox stuff. A couple failure to feeds. A guy at the range told me the bullet in that round protrudes from the casing slightly more than the 115 stuff and it was getting hung up on the feed ramp. Not sure if that's true or not, I didn't check/measure...I just shoot. All I know is every other type of 115gr ball ammo I sent through it worked perfectly (Fiocchi, Magtech, Armscor, Blazer, etc..). Wonder if there's any truth behind the 124gr being a bit longer bullet. I'm at roughly 1500 rounds (I think). I really like the gun. Hopefully it keeps on plinkin' away.
    Mike S. @ Triplestrong Racing LLC

Quote Originally Posted by STBear View Post
    Good report thanks. I have yet to shoot mine. It's nice to hear good reports because the norm is for people that have problems to complain online and those that are happy not to bother to report.
    No problem, I feel very comfortable with the gun. Definitely human nature to only speak up when negatives happen and keep quiet when all is good.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast