Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default You Have Bubba Bounty Hunters, I Have Voting Prisoners

The wife showed me this today...

http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=9123755

Thoughts? Opinions? Personally, I think it's bullshit.
    Last edited by 00leland00; October 4th, 2008 at 05:22 PM. Reason: sp
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8855&dateline=1222904  944
    Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: You Have Bubba Bounty Hunters, I Have Voting Prisoners

They gave up their right when they went to jail!! I am not going off to the Marines to fight so people like that can vote and F*** up my county from the inside!

(Chester County)

i agree with bullshit... noone should be allowed to vote while IN prison... i dont have a problem with people who have served their time and now are no longer in prison voting though...

(Susquehanna County)

Time out! It is possible that some prisoners of a COUNTY jail might still be elegible to vote. While it might vary from state to state, the last I knew, only those convicted of FELONY offenses could not vote.

But for those of you interested a news article I heard yesterday claimed that ACORN was in fact getting convicted felons in Ohio to register and vote in OHIO under that states same day registration and early vote bs.

(Allegheny County)

In my opinion, once you go to prison you give up all rights at least for the period of time that you are incarcerated.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    But for those of you interested a news article I heard yesterday claimed that ACORN was in fact getting convicted felons in Ohio to register and vote in OHIO under that states same day registration and early vote bs.
    +1
    This is some serious bullshit. The group picks up people takes them to vote and they need no Id just a 4 digit Number which is suppose to be the last 4 of the social but most time they check out to be fake numbers. How can a group pull this shit?
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

(Pike County)

democrats are trying too get every last vote

(Jefferson County)

In some states, felons dont lose their right to vote. And, who's to say all those in jail are felons. Misdemeanor convictions and summary convictions can land you in jail too - which there is no doubt on the retention of voting rights.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

thats right they are convicted felons lets take away their right to vote, and the 6th ammendmant a right to cruel and unusual punishment, oh and the right to appeal. Remember not all convicts are guilty so before we all go gung ho on taking away all their rights remember one day, especially us gun owners, that it could be you unlawfully convicted. Did you willingly give up your rights? NO they were taken from you by people who think exaclty as you do. Now do I believe certain people such as rapists, child molesters and murderers should have rights, no I do not but I am also saying our system is not perfect and just because a person is convicted does not necessarily make them guilty and the scum of the earth IMO

Quote Originally Posted by 1shot1kill View Post
    thats right they are convicted felons lets take away their right to vote, and the 6th ammendmant a right to cruel and unusual punishment, oh and the right to appeal. Remember not all convicts are guilty so before we all go gung ho on taking away all their rights remember one day, especially us gun owners, that it could be you unlawfully convicted. Did you willingly give up your rights? NO they were taken from you by people who think exaclty as you do. Now do I believe certain people such as rapists, child molesters and murderers should have rights, no I do not but I am also saying our system is not perfect and just because a person is convicted does not necessarily make them guilty and the scum of the earth IMO

Easy, killer. Nobody said take them out back and shoot them. But I think if you're incarcerated, you lose your right to vote. If it's a misdemeanor, and after you've been released you want to go vote, more power to you. But if you're in the care of the state during an election you're shit out of luck. And yes, I think if you're a convicted felon you lose your right to vote for good. I did not know this was not so for all states. I also find an issue with inmates using this as an excuse to get out for an afternoon. I highly doubt the vote would go in favor of those of us who cherish their 2A rights. Just my two pennies.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8855&dateline=1222904  944
    Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast