Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Buds Gun Shop

(Allegheny County)

Default Buds Gun Shop

On Sunday I ordered a used gun from the web site of Bud's Gun Shop. I immediately received an email confirmation of my order. Later that same day I received an email saying the order was being processed and will be shipped in seven days. Early Monday morning (about 8:00am) I checked my bank account and saw the funds had been withdrawn.

I was excited in anticipation my new gun was soon being shipped.

Monday at noon I received an email from Bud's stating the order was cancelled because the gun was not in stock. Being that it was a used gun they would not be receiving any more. Plus the email was automatically generated by a computer and any response would be deleted.

That lack of customer satisfaction upset me. I replied to their sales dept that I was unhappy the out-of-stock gun was listed on the web page they say is updated hourly. Unhappy the price advertised on the front page is cash only price and you don't realize that until you check out. Upset they first withdrew money and then found out they didn't have it in stock. Upset that when then inform me the order is cancelled they basically tell me they don't want to listen to my concerns. I know their sales is run and controlled by computers so humans can't be held accountable for the lack of customer satisfaction (what a lame excuse).

How did they respond? They blacklisted me from any future sales. Said the comments were rude and unnecessary. No ruder than sending an email that tell a customer not to reply because the response will be automatically deleted.

I wouldn't buy anything from them if it was half price. Business must be real good if you can afford to piss off customers.
    Last edited by DaveM55; March 28th, 2008 at 10:04 AM.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Snyder County)

Default Re: Buds Gun Shop

Copy and paste the exact email and response you sent to them. I am curious how it was worded if it was rude or not...

(Allegheny County)

I didn't send them a regular email. It was a message form on thier web page and I have no copy. I'll admit I may have been a little rude, but again no ruder than having a computer send me an email telling me not to respond cause it would be automatically deleted. Or taking funds out of my account before they were sure it would ship.

BTW it's been over 24 hours since they cancelled my order and the funds are still not back in my bank. How's that for rude?
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)

(Lancaster County)

Dave,

Thanks for sharing your story. For some reason I've always had a sour feeling about Buds and now you confirmed it.

I wont be doing business with them. Thank You.

(Allegheny County)

Don't go on my word alone, I know many people have had good luck there.

I'm just reporting that they are too arrogant to listen to any feedback concerning their customer service deficiencies.

(Snyder County)

I have never done business with Buds...but I do plan to. So I am interested in this. But it is standard procedure for automatically generated emails to have a "Do not replay to this email" statement in them. I don't think it is meant to be rude. Just how the system is setup.

As for the payment method...I did not see on their site where they accept payments directly from checking accounts. Is this possible? Or did you use a debit card issued by a credit card company?

Payment methods accepted by BudsGunShop.Com are
    • Money Order(3%cash dicsount applies)
    • Certifed Check (3% cash discount applies)
    • Personal Checks (3% cash discount applies, orders held for 10 business days for check to clear)
    • BudsGunShop.com 25 day Account (3% cash discount applies)
    • BudsGunShop.com 90 day Account (cash discount does not apply)
    • Visa (cash discount does not apply)
    • Mastercard (cash discount does not apply)
    • Discover (cash discount does not apply)
    • BudsGunShop.com 1 year Account (5% premium applies)
    • Layaway: 20% non-refundable deposit; pay balance in 30 days.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    But it is standard procedure for automatically generated emails to have a "Do not replay to this email" statement in them. I don't think it is meant to be rude. Just how the system is setup.
    Standard procedure is a lame excuse, they should think outside the box. The system is set up by humans and it is rude to say what they said and I don't care if it's standard to be rude, I don't accept that very lame excuse. They could have set up the system with a more polite message.

As for the payment method...I did not see on their site where they accept payments directly from checking accounts. Is this possible? Or did you use a debit card issued by a credit card company?
    I used a debit card and didn't know until I got to the checkout page that using that form of credit would not allow me the 3% discount. When they put big bold red letters on the front page saying $XXX.XX delivered they should state that's cash only, in which you have to wait for snail mail to deliver your money to them. If you want the item quicker it costs more. They should be honest about that upfront.

Copy and paste the exact email and response you sent to them. I am curious how it was worded if it was rude or not...
    +1

My experience with Buds was extremely positive.

(Lancaster County)

Actually in this case your word is good enough because of my sour feelings. I was upset with them last year with their "free shipping" advertising where they upped the prices of all their guns $25 from the day before. Also, the fact that they had no problem advertising their products on sigforum.com for free, yet if I wanted to post something on their classified section of their website, it cost me money. They also used to have "in store" and "internet" pricing until they got called on it too many times. I have a general dislike of outfits that have "dual" pricing (even though internet was cheaper which was better for me).

Just glad I haven't done business with them.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by DaveM55 View Post
    Standard procedure is a lame excuse, they should think outside the box. The system is set up by humans and it is rude to say what they said and I don't care if it's standard to be rude, I don't accept that very lame excuse. They could have set up the system with a more polite message.

I used a debit card and didn't know until I got to the checkout page that using that form of credit would not allow me the 3% discount. When they put big bold red letters on the front page saying $XXX.XX delivered they should state that's cash only, in which you have to wait for snail mail to deliver your money to them. If you want the item quicker it costs more. They should be honest about that upfront.
    Almost every internet store that I have dealt with has a long list of policies and procedures. Everything from return policy, to shipping, to costs, etc. They can't put all that info on the front page. But on Bud's, there is a link to their policies on every page. If you don't read them, that is not their fault. No different than the admins here deleting your posts in the for sale section because you didn't read the sticky and didn't know better. It is not their fault, it is your own. I found the 3% additional costs for CC (because of CC processing fees, I'm sure) pretty quickly as I almost always read over that stuff before I order.

As for politeness of the emails.... I think you are just pissed off and nit picking at things. The biggest fault I see that Bud's made was you ordered a gun that was on their website and they didn't have it. And they cover this on their site as well:

Occasionally we have only one item in stock and more than one person orders it. We will honor the first order with credit card information. If we run out of stock we will cancel your order and refund your money.
    Again, I have never purchased anything from them....just saying things as I see them.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast