Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasermax

(Lawrence County)

Default Lasermax

i'm thinking about buying a lasermax product for my sigma.. anyone else on here have any experience with this company? i just wanna find out if they are truely worth their asking price.

i've seen video of them blowing up a sidearm with a grenade and it still worked.... just wanna know if that's true or not.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Lasermax

I dont have any answers for you but I wanted to get one for my Sig and it would be nice to hear what some owners of the products have to say.....
    ~De-Animating the undead since '08~

(Cambria County)

Bump, I've been considering getting one for my Glock.

(York County)

According to their catalog, I don't think they make a model for a Sigma.

Check out this old thread and what I did.
    C.R.

(The Invisible Poster)

(Chester County)

I have an internal LaserMax in my Glock 30. It's dead on accurate, and I imagine would have a tremendous shit-the-pants affect on anyone seeing a red dot dancing on their chest, but is it worth it? Only if you can afford a pricey toy, or truly intend to train with it. For me it was a completely different paradigm going from gun sights to laser sights since the focus went from barrel distance to target distance. I bought mine primarily as a training tool, and it has proved worth it to me because it really helped me find a grip and stance that allows me to keep a steady hand. Also, dry firing some snap caps and watching how the laser moved has really helped point out bad habits without going through dozens of rounds, and not just with the glock, but when shooting all of my hand guns.

If you're thinking of putting a laser on your gun for home defense and you can't install one internally, I think a laser/tac light combo is the way to go. A laser's true benefit for HD is realized in a low light/no light situation, so with a tac light you can aim quickly while still keeping both eyes open and on target. It adds the advantage of blinding your target, but has the disadvantage of giving away your position, so there is a bit of a trade off. Of course, if stealth is working for you, just don't turn on the light. As often said, better to have and not need, than need and not have.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Berks County)

I have the undermount rail one on my springfield XD and it works fine.

(Berks County)

i got a taurus 9mm with the rail mount one.. havent fired it yet but it seems to work. and is adjustable.

(Butler County)

I have a LaserMax on my .45 PX4 storm. I love it. It's accurate, holds zero and reach your trigger finger forward to turn it on. I like it much better than the Crimson trace grips that are activated from the front of the grip.

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

(Lebanon County)

I have a Lasermax for my Glock 30, but I like the Crimson Trace on my Ruger LCP much better. The activation on the Lasermax isn't a very natural motion, whereas the Crimson Trace turns on when you squeeze the grip. The Crimson Trace is also MUCH MUCH brighter. I've had issues with my Lasermax not turning on when activated and upon inspection, the unit seems about 1/8" too short compared to the factory guide rod. I contacted Lasermax and they said it is purposely shorter, but had me send it in for further inspection. It works the majority of the time, but once in a great while it doesn't work. I'm not saying the Lasermax is junk, but I prefer the Crimson Trace.

(Butler County)

Smile Re: Lasermax

I guess I should clarify that my lasermax is the rail mounted lasermax. It has a built in rail on the bottom for a flashlight or whatever. It is the most natural activation motion of all the lasers I own. It is very versitile as I could mount this laser on any weapon I have that has a rail.

I have 3 Crimson trace laser grips with the front of the grip activation button and I really need to squeeze that sucker to keep it activated. It goes off all the time for me. I definatey don't like that. Also, There is no master switch so when it is being pulled from the holsters it sometimes activates.

On the other hand my better half loves hers. She doesn't have too much trouble keeping the laser activated during target practice. I do.

I have Crimson trace ampitextrious activated laser grips with 2 side buttons and a master on/off switch on my 92 Beretta and it is the best laser I have.

The front activated little button doesn't work for me. But then again, I have big hands

We contend that for a nation to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle. Winston Churchill........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast