Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Governor Wolf Advocates for Additional Gun Control Measures

Everytown’s $500K donation to the Wolf campaign is paying off nicely-

Governor Wolf Praises Advocates for New Domestic Violence, Gun Safety Protections

https://www.governor.pa.gov/governor...y-protections/

Harrisburg, PA – Governor Tom Wolf thanked advocates today for their ongoing support of victims of domestic violence during a ceremonial bill signing of Act 79 of 2018, the first bill to truly take guns away from the dangerous abusers who use them to kill, terrorize and control.

“Domestic violence is a scourge on our society and this bill and its reforms will go a long way to protect victims, hold abusers accountable and keep guns out of the hands of dangerous individuals,” said Gov. Wolf. “I want to personally thank the hundreds of advocates and everyday citizens who made their voices heard and got this bill to my desk. Pennsylvania did the right thing with House Bill 2060 to protect victims of domestic violence.

In taking this important step forward toward protecting women, families, and communities against violent domestic abusers, Gov. Wolf was joined by Rep. Marguerite Quinn, Sen. Tom Killion, Executive Director of Ceasefire Shira Goodman, Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence Susan Higginbotham, leader of the Pennsylvania chapter of Moms Demand Action Deb Marteslo, Chair of the Pennsylvania Commission for Women Randi Teplitz, domestic abuse survivor Angela Quarles, legislators, and representatives of the Commission for Women and Everytown for Gun Safety.

The new law includes additional safeguards to help protect victims of domestic violence, including:

New requirements around prohibiting abusers who have been issued a final protection from abuse orders issued after a contested hearing or conviction for misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence from possessing firearms and requires them to turn in their guns to law enforcement agencies within 24 hours while the order is in effect;
    Eliminates the concern about simply relinquishing a firearm to a family member or friend;
    Allows for the time that an individual is incarcerated not to be counted for the 90 days of a temporary PFA.
    Due to the urgency of enacting the legislation, Gov. Wolf officially signed the bill into law immediately after receiving it on Oct. 12. He urges the General Assembly to continue making Pennsylvania safer by passing commonsense gun safety reforms, such as requiring anyone purchasing a firearm to go through a State Police background check.

“I hope that this bill is the beginning of more bipartisan work to find commonsense ways to keep dangerous weapons away from dangerous people,” said Gov. Wolf. “We owe the citizens of this commonwealth a safe place and we need to continue working together – politics aside – to make that a reality.”

(Chester County)

Default Re: Governor Wolf Advocates for Additional Gun Control Measures

What a surprise. Our Obama clone is bought and paid for by Bloomberg, and other committed leftist big money groups.
    Last edited by Pilot321; November 17th, 2018 at 11:53 AM.

(Bucks County)

so, who on this forum didn't vote?
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Probably very few. We aren't the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Having moved here from NJ.. I will tell you what I saw there..

Gun enthusiasts.. for the most part.. were not really the problem.. they voted.. they badgered representatives..
    the issue.. is that there were a few groups of people that represented the voting pie.. and we all know the voting pie represents the voice that is heard..

in NJ..
    * The first chunk was actually against guns..
    * The second chunk didn't own guns but didn't care one way or another.. for those people guns were not a voting issue..
    * Then you had the gun owners... your typical hunter and "sportsman".. while this person liked guns in general.. they don't see the "need" for you to own "military weapons" or the need to carry guns around..
    * Then you had the very last group.. people who purely supported 2A rights..

as you can see by that makeup.. when it comes to keeping gun freedom... the group that actually cares about 2A rights in its purest form is such a minority.... that you can't do anything...

you can't preserve freedom.. you can't gain rights.. when no-one cares..

We talk a lot about voting.. making our voices heard.. but I will give you a different point of view.. when you ask the question about voting.. the other question that is just as important is have you spread our message to the masses?

Have you helped family and friends that are not gun owners understand the history of firearms in our culture?
    Have you shared stories of defensive gun use every chance you can?
    Have you brought out new shooters.. introduced them to the hobby..

If we are to stay alive.. we need more voters.. NOT a louder minority.. you need to grow the base..
    That is just my opinion..

(Lancaster County)

^ I've been saying this for years but people ignore it like you're speaking ancient Greek or Hindi. Why i have no idea but they do, and just keep talking about busses and rallies and raffle tickets.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowfin View Post
    ^ I've been saying this for years but people ignore it like you're speaking ancient Greek or Hindi. Why i have no idea but they do, and just keep talking about busses and rallies and raffle tickets.
    What's your idea?
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

On the New Jersey issue... there is a claim that there are 1 million gun owners in New Jersey. If that was 1 million 2nd amendment supporters, that would be a force to change New Jersey.
    However, I fear that most of them are from group 3 and not group 4.
    On a more general note, it is sad that many people appear to assume they don't need constitutional rights because they think things are good now and this will maintain for an indefinite period of time. It seems like the way to increase the voting bloc is to educate people to all the amendments and their importance.

(Beaver County)

“I hope that this bill is the beginning " Wolf

(Allegheny County)

There's another part of the voting pie that makes a difference too...

People who don't vote at all "Because it doesn't make a difference/Because they're all crooks".

Our neighbors like to complain about the current state of affairs and they have young daughters that they are very overprotective of - you'd think they would care about their children's future, but no - they don't vote. "Why bother?"
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast