Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast

Default Re: Ginsburg In the Morgue

That reminds me, I need to send President Trump in the name of Ginsburg as a memorial gift.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Many (like 13 or 14) former Supreme Court justices are buried in Section 5 at Arlington, but RBG will be laid to rest next to her husband, who was a Reserve Officer called to active duty qualifying him and his spouse to be buried in a National Cemetery, including Arlington.

Noah
    No, that did not qualify him to be buried at Arlington. His friends in high places got him burial there. That was an affront to many real members of the Armed Forces who could not be buried there. Here are qualifications for burial at Arlington:

Members who died on active duty and their immediate family

Retirees and their immediate family

Recipients of the Purple Heart, or Silver Star and above

Any honorably discharged POW who died after Nov. 3, 1993.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Many military wives take risks, make sacrifices, and suffer familial hardships for the good of their country, often for years. To be honored with a burial in a national cemetery is not inappropriate.
    He was ROTC officer whose only active duty was a few months at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenMilePete View Post
    And he was an officer in the Army Reserve whose only active duty was in Oklahoma. How in the world did he deserve burial at Arlington? A friend of mine was killed in Vietnam, was awarded two Bronze Stars, and Silver Cross, and was not offered burial at Arlington. Here are the qualifications for burial at Arlington:

- Members who died on active duty and their immediate family
    - Retirees and their immediate family
    - Recipients of the Purple Heart, or Silver Star and above
    Any honorably discharged POW who died after Nov. 30, 1993

So somebody please enlighten me, how did he qualify for burial at Arlington National Cemetery?

And was his wife a JINO? Isn't she supposed to be below ground already? Or does her political display override Jewish custom?
    "Immediate family", now would that also mean any children? Surely Junior should also be allowed to be laid to rest next to his Dad. As for Mr. Ginsburg, he was an ROTC officer called to active duty and served at Fort Sill, Oklahoma in the 1950's. According to what you posted, Mr. Ginsburg did not meet the criteria for burial at Arlington, but then again his wife was an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court. It all comes down to who you know, not the stated rules.
    Relationships between men and women can be difficult - but not impossible.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ginsburg In the hospital

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Most of the time we say "Of Blessed Memory". But there's nothing offensive about "Rest in Peace" when speaking of a Jew who passed.
    Most if not all of the people I saw posting that weren't Jewish, so yet another case of white-knighting to virtue signal how they are so much better than everybody else.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Ginsburg In the hospital

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lackawanna County)

No, that did not qualify him to be buried at Arlington. His friends in high places got him burial there. That was an affront to many real members of the Armed Forces who could not be buried there. Here are qualifications for burial at Arlington:

That was an affront to many real members of the Armed Forces who could not be buried there.

What's a real member of the Armed Forces?

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Elk County)

Yes, from the ANC website:

Arlington National Cemetery's eligibility requirements for burial and inurnment are different from other national cemeteries that are maintained by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Eligibility for in-ground burial at Arlington National Cemetery is the most stringent of all U.S. national cemeteries. However, most veterans who have at least one day of active service (other than for training) and an honorable discharge are eligible for above-ground inurnment.Eligibility is determined at the time of need.

From the table further down the ANC Eligibility web page:

Veteran * at least one day of active duty other than for training. Inurnment (creamated remains) - Yes. Casket burial - No.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Yes, from the ANC website:

Arlington National Cemetery's eligibility requirements for burial and inurnment are different from other national cemeteries that are maintained by the Department of Veterans Affairs. Eligibility for in-ground burial at Arlington National Cemetery is the most stringent of all U.S. national cemeteries. However, most veterans who have at least one day of active service (other than for training) and an honorable discharge are eligible for above-ground inurnment.Eligibility is determined at the time of need.

From the table further down the ANC Eligibility web page:

Veteran * at least one day of active duty other than for training. Inurnment (creamated remains) - Yes. Casket burial - No.

Noah
    I suppose I'm technically eligible... Active duty and a purple heart. But I don't really care.

MHO is the 'meat puppet' left behind is meaningless. Memories matter, the physical remains... meh.

I have long stated a preference for a viking funeral: Put me in a canoe with a horned helmet on my head and (to the extent possible) the skulls of my enemies from which I shall drink in Valhalla. Fill the f***r with gas, light me up, and float me down the Conodoguinet.

That likely being illegal, untenable, and unrealistic, my 2nd preference is to be cremated and scattered at whatever place my descendants feel appropriate.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I suppose I'm technically eligible... Active duty and a purple heart. But I don't really care.

MHO is the 'meat puppet' left behind is meaningless. Memories matter, the physical remains... meh.

I have long stated a preference for a viking funeral: Put me in a canoe with a horned helmet on my head and (to the extent possible) the skulls of my enemies from which I shall drink in Valhalla. Fill the f***r with gas, light me up, and float me down the Conodoguinet.

That likely being illegal, untenable, and unrealistic, my 2nd preference is to be cremated and scattered at whatever place my descendants feel appropriate.
    i told them to find a way to sell my parts, dump me in a hole in a cardboard box or throw me in the river.
    like your idea a lot more.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast