Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Ginsburg In the Morgue

RBG is still dead...

DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Did Trump nominate Amy Coney Barrett yet? Hopefully he does by close of business Monday.
    My money is on Barbara Lagoa.
    Life has a melody. Not great, not terrible.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    My money is on Barbara Lagoa.
    Yep. Me too.

If there was an african-american circuit conservative female judge, my money would be on her. But there isn't.

So failing that, my money is on the cuban-american female circuit court judge. Checks a lot of boxes without the Catholic baggage of Amy Coney Barrett. I like her but the simple truth is they're gonna bludgeon her with that during confirmation. I don't think she's confirmable.

Whatever my personal feelings on the matter (If I can't have Ted Cruz as POTUS, I want him on SCOTUS), from a political standpoint Trump's best bet is to nominate someone who 'checks' as many 'boxes' as possible and is thus the hardest for the Dems to oppose in the senate.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    Yep. Me too.

If there was an african-american circuit conservative female judge, my money would be on her. But there isn't.

So failing that, my money is on the cuban-american female circuit court judge. Checks a lot of boxes without the Catholic baggage of Amy Coney Barrett. I like her but the simple truth is they're gonna bludgeon her with that during confirmation. I don't think she's confirmable.

Whatever my personal feelings on the matter (If I can't have Ted Cruz as POTUS, I want him on SCOTUS), from a political standpoint Trump's best bet is to nominate someone who 'checks' as many 'boxes' as possible and is thus the hardest for the Dems to oppose in the senate.
    She was confirmed for her current post 80-15. How they could defend not confirming her now is beyond me.

(Wayne County)

How is Barbara Lagoa when it comes to the 2nd, especially in terms of semi autos, +10 mags. Etc.

(Lancaster County)

She was confirmed for her current post 80-15. How they could defend not confirming her now is beyond me.
    I heard she touched a teenage boy one time.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(York County)

The problem is, frankly, Republicans have been suckers for too long.

We buy into the fallacy of fair play. We do things like approve RBG by a huge majority because "it's about judicial qualification, not politics"

The Dims don't play that. They play politics. They're perfectly happy to take a judge approved by 80-15 margin and make it into a political thing.

Enough is enough. The game is played how it's played. No more bullshit "principle" of it. Play to win. Putting up a judge previously approved 80-15 and saying "WTF problem you got with that?" is EXACTLY how we should be doing it.
    DGAF

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I heard she touched a teenage boy one time.
    I'm opposing her because I was not that teenage boy. I was totally into older women as a teen. I have been neglected.
    DGAF

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post
    I'm opposing her because I was not that teenage boy. I was totally into older women as a teen. I have been neglected.
    I also heard she was a teen at the time.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Will3212 View Post
    How is Barbara Lagoa when it comes to the 2nd, especially in terms of semi autos, +10 mags. Etc.
    I can't find any specific rulings. I'm just assuming she's OK as a conservative justice. However, in her Q&A from Feinstein during her confirmation to her current seat, she said she believes RvW to be "super precedent" and settled law. So some conservatives won't like her because they're under some weird belief that a conservative SCOTUS will over turn RvW.

"7. When Chief Justice Roberts was before the Committee for his nomination, Senator Specter
    referred to the history and precedent of the Roe case law as *super-stare decisis.* One
    textbook on the law of judicial precedent, co-authored by Justice Gorsuch, refers to Roe v.
    Wade as a *super-precedent* because it has survived more than three dozen attempts to
    overturn it. (The Law of Judicial Precedent, THOMAS WEST, p. 802 (2016)) The book
    explains that *superprecedent* is *precedent that defines the law and its requirements so
    effectively that it prevents divergent holdings in later legal decisions on similar facts or
    induces disputants to settle their claims without litigation.* (The Law of Judicial Precedent,
    THOMAS WEST, p. 802 (2016))

a. Do you agree that Roe v. Wade is *super-stare decisis*? *superprecedent*?

Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), is binding precedent of the Supreme Court and I
    would faithfully follow it as I would follow all precedent of the Supreme Court
    regardless of whether it is referred to as *super-stare decisis* or *superprecedent.*

b. Is it settled law?

Yes. For lower court judges, all Supreme Court precedent, including Roe v. Wade,
    410 U.S. 113 (1973), is settled law. If confirmed, I would faithfully apply this
    precedent and all other precedents of the Supreme Court."

https://www.judiciary.senate.gov/imo...0to%20QFRs.pdf

Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast