Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default 717 Armory Meetup

I'm new to PA as I just moved from Alaska in May. Unfortunately I don't know anyone in the area so my weekly range trips are solo. I joined 717 Armory so that's where I shoot. If you're interesting in meeting up to shoot at 717 (I can bring guests if you're not a member) or your range (if you can bring guests), let me know.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: 717 Armory Meetup

I see this post is a few months old, but anyhow.. I live 2 minutes from this place but never actually looked into it. I've only ever seen their website from when it was first opened. I'm curious as to how much it is to join there and if it is worth it because I am currently a member at the hunters and anglers in Middletown and was wondering if 717 would be better.
    I need a better signature than this...

(Berks County)

Oddly enough, the OP, who is looking for shooting buddies never came back since he made that post.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Oddly enough, the OP, who is looking for shooting buddies never came back since he made that post.
    Would you after that cold shoulder? Poor guy.

I know nothing about the local ranges but I did see that my sister was shooting there a couple of days ago. Looks like a nice place.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Would you after that cold shoulder? Poor guy.

I know nothing about the local ranges but I did see that my sister was shooting there a couple of days ago. Looks like a nice place.
    Yeah, I'd come back and bump it up and ask. He at least should have come back and checked in on it, he hasn't been back since he posted it.

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Yeah, I'd come back and bump it up and ask. He at least should have come back and checked in on it, he hasn't been back since he posted it.
    I can see him now, checking his email everyday for a reply. No reply ever comes but everyday he checks it, hopeful someone will reach out to him. Finally, the day comes, a beacon in the darkness. An email that there is activity in his only subscribed thread. With a mix of tempered hope and anxiety, he logs back in. Will he finally have a shooting friend. Someone that shares the love of inhaling burnt nitrocellulose and feeling the concussive blast shooting indoors. JOY! A nibble from someone that wants to try 717 Armory.

Oh, and a couple of dicks...
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Lancaster County)

Forgot I posted this. Ha! I will say my heart fluttered a little when I saw I finally got a response.

I’ve been going to 717 every week since I joined. I think it was about $400/year to join, but I think it’s been worth it. They have a private, members-only 50 yard range with Action Target carriers. They did an indoor steel shoot a few months ago too.

If any of you are interested in visiting, I can bring guests for free (otherwise I think it’s $15/20).

(Lancaster County)

I stopped in there last summer and it def was a nice place. Is there still a BBQ place next door?
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Berks County)

HA! unclejumbo had it pegged right.