Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: What's with all the dem signs?

Two reasons, you don't have to put up with the triggered whining temper tantrums all the time with a sign and pretending to agree. They don't know who you voted for anyway... and second, if they think more people are voting Dem, they don't show up to vote because they are lazy...

I hope that's the reason.....

Pike and Wayne counties went all Republican. Monroe went Democrat. Probably due to the college and higher minority population.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Pike and Wayne counties went all Republican. Monroe went Democrat. Probably due to the college and higher minority population.
    I voted Republican in Monroe. I tried reading the room, but I couldn't because I don't look like I'd vote red. Went in there with my hoodie on, baggy jeans because it makes conceal carry a little easier and timberlands because I'm from New York. Had Jay Z "Justify my thug" blaring from my speakers as I pulled in.

Quote Originally Posted by Banks View Post
    I voted Republican in Monroe. I tried reading the room, but I couldn't because I don't look like I'd vote red. Went in there with my hoodie on, baggy jeans because it makes conceal carry a little easier and timberlands because I'm from New York. Had Jay Z "Justify my thug" blaring from my speakers as I pulled in.
    No disrespect intended. It's just a fact that more minorities vote Democrat than Republican. I'm really hoping that changes in the future.

(Monroe County)

No disrespect intended. It's just a fact that more minorities vote Democrat than Republican. I'm really hoping that changes in the future.
    I agree. I try to change it as much as I can and I get treated just like Kanye did. I get called brainwashed and white supremacists the lite version. I don't give up, though. I engage in the conversation and Leo going until I've destroyed every point. I spent a lot of time on hot 97s YouTube page trying to educate people in the comments section. Nobody wants to hear it. They want free money, healthcare and college.

I agree. I try to change it as much as I can and I get treated just like Kanye did. I get called brainwashed and white supremacists the lite version. I don't give up, though. I engage in the conversation and Leo going until I've destroyed every point. I spent a lot of time on hot 97s YouTube page trying to educate people in the comments section. Nobody wants to hear it. They want free money, healthcare and college.
    All you have to do is look at cities like Philadelphia and Detroit. They have been run by Democrats for decades. They realize if they do nothing they get over 80% of the vote. Why would they want anything to change? All they have to do is nothing. I always think it's bullshit when Democrats call Trump and Republicans racist. Democrats just want to keep people reliant on the government. That way they can control them and guarantee their votes. I really hope Trump tries to change this. I think it's the only way he'll get re-elected. We live in too great a country to have so many people living in poverty and suffering from gang violence.

(Monroe County)

All you have to do is look at cities like Philadelphia and Detroit. They have been run by Democrats for decades. They realize if they do nothing they get over 80% of the vote. Why would they want anything to change? All they have to do is nothing. I always think it's bullshit when Democrats call Trump and Republicans racist. Democrats just want to keep people reliant on the government. That way they can control them and guarantee their votes. I really hope Trump tries to change this. I think it's the only way he'll get re-elected. We live in too great a country to have so many people living in poverty and suffering from gang violence.
    I've tried making these arguments every time the conversation comes up when I go back to Brooklyn. I get told I don't understand the struggle. That annoys me because I grew up in the projects. My whole upbringing was struggle, but because I vote conservative I don't understand the struggle. I tell them the Democratic party hasn't done anything to improve anybody's life. They make us out to be victims and make all of these outlandish claims about how much they do. Look at how the cost of living exploded after Giuliani left office. That's not the economy, that's Democrats making you believe you need them and you need their bullshit policies like a 15 an hour minimum wage. If they care so much why are they selling low income housing buildings? Why are they pushing you out of your neighborhood? No answers. I get called names like sell out and again, I don't understand. I won't quit though. I'll keep talking if they keep listening. I'll break through somewhere.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    I live in Montgomery County but have a weekend place in Dingmans Ferry. Driving around over the past month or so, I was shocked to see all the signs for Wolf, Casey, and others of their ilk. What the hell is going on? One of the reasons I bought a place in Pike County was to get away from the kinds of people that support politicians like them. New Yorkers?
    On the side note. Are you following me? First, Fort Washington, then Dingmans Ferry? )))

Now I can see you from both of my houses ))
    Je suis déplorable

Quote Originally Posted by FBG001 View Post
    I live in Montgomery County but have a weekend place in Dingmans Ferry. Driving around over the past month or so, I was shocked to see all the signs for Wolf, Casey, and others of their ilk. What the hell is going on? One of the reasons I bought a place in Pike County was to get away from the kinds of people that support politicians like them. New Yorkers?
    welcome to urbanitetopia.
    down here all the people fleeing NY/NJ have decided to retain their voting habits.
    should've closed the bridges twenty years ago. or at least raised the incoming toll to $35.
    won't be long before the school taxes and voting habits cause them all to flee farther west, then there will be a high speed tunnel train project that costs $1T to ensure they can keep commuting to the city they love but no longer can afford.

they were all freaking out the other week because there was a dusting and the plows weren't out yet, they were told the blades don't drop until there are inches.
    we told them to go home, they're not mentally equipped to live in the mountains.
    (PS, the city also had troubles with that "storm")
    they also freak out when they hear a gunshot, fireworks or see a bear. oh and everything is too far away and they complain none of the "locals" are nice to them.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Delaware County)

I've tried making these arguments every time the conversation comes up when I go back to Brooklyn. I get told I don't understand the struggle. That annoys me because I grew up in the projects. My whole upbringing was struggle, but because I vote conservative I don't understand the struggle. I tell them the Democratic party hasn't done anything to improve anybody's life. They make us out to be victims and make all of these outlandish claims about how much they do. Look at how the cost of living exploded after Giuliani left office. That's not the economy, that's Democrats making you believe you need them and you need their bullshit policies like a 15 an hour minimum wage. If they care so much why are they selling low income housing buildings? Why are they pushing you out of your neighborhood? No answers. I get called names like sell out and again, I don't understand. I won't quit though. I'll keep talking if they keep listening. I'll break through somewhere.
    It used to be called "urban renewal", which is code for move the poor folks, black and white, OUT and move the yuppies, hipsters, dinks or what every they call them this week IN.
    Phillys Society Hill was a prime example, the "Renewal" started in the mid 1950's.
    South St., which was predominately black "ain't" no more, the Lancaster Ave corridor , was "renewed" as the collages started to move north of Market St.
    One of my buds, a 40 something black guy, had a pizza / sandwich shop one the Ave. for years.
    When the city started putting in new (fancy) street lights, laying new sidewalks and streets he says to me "you know what this means, don't you?", No what, "white folks is coming", he was right.
    Luckily he owned the building he was in, and the food was good, so he did very well.
    I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
    Last edited by DonBiase; November 30th, 2018 at 08:35 PM.
    Our brethren are already in the Field, why stand we here Idle?
    Si vis pacem, Para bellum
    To every man upon this earth, death cometh, soon or late

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast