Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Smile police chief took firearm! illegal search and seizer!

as it was told of my story and accounts for what happened to me approx three weeks ago. i have gotten a lot of positive + negitive info from the user's of this fine sight. under the advice of a former exc distict atterney from a near by county i have retained legel consoal from a far away county due to the fact the firm speacilizes in civil + constitutional firearms laws. i tried to handle this problem my self by going to the DA's office what a fucking joke! them people aint nothing but a bunch of polittions u know tell we will do this for you and do nothing. so i went to the state police who handled the sittuation with the utmost respect and without doubt. as for the chief to tell me i cant drink and posses a firearm inside the four courners of my property he was surely mistaken. the arrest was not on the grounds of false arrest do to the fact i stepped outside of my home. but the search & seizer of a spare clip for a differant gun from witch i wasn't carring was illegel since it was not in plan view sight, and i also told the officer i did not consent to any searches. ive tried to answer all the peoples ? but was using this site wrongly so until i figuer out how all this internet stuff works, u should send any ? to my PM and i will answer all. P.S. WHAT IS A TROLL? ive got alot of that. AND CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE IT SAYS IF YOU CANT SPELL GOOD U CANT HAVE ANY RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY OR IS IT JUST ON THIS SIGHT?

(Centre County)

Default Re: police chief took firearm! illegal search and seizer!

Quote Originally Posted by chev385 View Post
    ... AND CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE IT SAYS IF YOU CANT SPELL GOOD U CANT HAVE ANY RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY OR IS IT JUST ON THIS SIGHT?
    No, you have rights. However, you lack credibility and nobody will take you seriously.
    Would you send in a job resume that contained poor spelling and grammar?
    Aaaanyway, best of luck in successfully pursuing your case against the chief.

(Lackawanna County)

No, you have rights. However, you lack credibility and nobody will take you seriously.
    Would you send in a job resume that contained poor spelling and grammar?
    Aaaanyway, best of luck in successfully pursuing your case against the chief.
    Eggzactily.
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Butler County)

I think that most of the negative responses were because of the lack of information in your post. You have to have more details if you truly want the help and support of the members on this forum. If I remember correctly, you story did not make much sense and some members did respond to your OP with questions that needed to be answered in order to get the full picture of what occurred. This is one of those posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve in PA View Post
    I'll play..........

You were given a summary citation for making unreasonable noise? What was the unreasonable noise?

How do you know your residence was searched if you were outside and arrested?

What makes you think you have to be questioned?

Why would they take you to the station? They could have cited you on the spot.

Being that you were in your residence, it doesn't matter if you had alcohol on your breath or not.

Did someone come and pick you up at the station? You claim they said since you smelled of alcohol they took your gun, but you were okay to walk home or did they drive you back?

Did they remove any other guns from your residence because you had been drinking??

If you had a license to carry, there is no check required. The chief could have verified if your license was valid and/or he could have run a rap sheet on your to see if you could possess the weapon.

Info received??? So someone else told the police you were making loud noise, but the police didn't hear it themselves and cited you for it??

BS!
    I think a lot of members agree with this as to why they were skeptical about your post.

Quote Originally Posted by str8shooter View Post
    In your attempt at defending yourself against unjust accusations, you're guilty of doing the very same thing by quoting this post. At no point did this poster accuse you of attempting to seek monetary gains because of the injustices you claimed to have endured, he simply noted that he's surprised no one has attempted that thus far.

Your description of the events that happened that night are vague to say the least, but just the same, Some people made no assumption that you had any motives other than to seek advice as to how to regain possession of your firearm and wanted an opinion as to whether anyone else thought excessive force was used. Amongst others, I also tried to give a helpful suggestion based on what little information you provided.

However, I am reluctant to believe that you honestly do not fail to see why so many people were skeptical about how truthful you were when relating the events that occured that evening. Telling us little more than that the police received a complaint of excessive noise from your residence, you didn't hear a knock because you were in the garage so they tried a forced entry, you answered the door carrying a gun and you smelled of alcohol. Somewhere in the mix of all that, you were arrested for disorderly conduct and then acting either on a tip or on something the police saw, they searched your home without a warrant.

On top of that, you posted your situation 2 weeks after the event, claiming you still had no idea why you were detained, and under what circumstances you were released. Now you come back with a few more details, but also with an attitude that there was no reason for people to be suspicious about your motives or reasonable cause to question your rendition of what occured that night.

You will find the members of the PAFOA a very knowledgeable group, particularly when it comes to the Bll of Rights, but you may also find it very difficult to get feedback from those who might have valuable information if you're vague in providing details about an incident, but expect specific advice on how to proceed with pursuing action against those who have wronged you.
    And then you post this:

yeah i was just reading some pa laws on this site about transfers 2 family members. but that seems to easy, it really sucks because it was my p-11 w/ laser
    I don't see how this fits in with anything else you said previously.

You need to open and honest to get the help you seek. The people on this forum have been known to go to bat for people that have truly been wronged. But most are hesitant to do so for someone with sketchy stories.
    The defense you have offered to date has been to make calls to so and so or wait for it in the papers. I have seen no written articles on your plight and calls are not a feasible option. If you are reluctant to post in an open forum, some of the more well-known members could be PM'd to discuss this matter. Have you done that?

As to the troll part:

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Troll (Internet)
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    (Redirected from Internet troll)
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Move protected
    "Do not feed the trolls" and its abbreviation DNFTT redirect here. For the Wikipedia essay, see "What is a troll?". For other uses see Troll (disambiguation).

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of provoking other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.
    Spelling and grammer is part of the problem also. How can you expect to get answers when your post are so hard to decipher? I had to read them several times to try to figure out what you were saying. Not everone can be a genius but you have to take the time to make sure that your posts are understandable. Get your thoughts in order and try to communicate them in a manner that will be able to get your point across.

Good luck, Kimba

(Chester County)

You will find that you will get more attention and respect if you can demonstrate even a minimal amount of literacy, or at least attempt it. Everyone makes mistakes, but someone who is asking for help in what could be a serious violation of rights should consider trying harder to avoid them, rather than criticize those who point them out.

Also, In many cases, it wasn't your lack of skills in written communication, it was your vague details, and lack of acknowledgement when those who, in spite of you not taking the time to attempt a legible sentence, took the time to not only interpret what it was you were trying to convey, but also offer assistance that might help you in your plight. To make it worse for yourself, in some cases, you rebuked the replies you did receive offering valid suggestions with sarcasm.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

There's some things you can do to improve your post quality that aren't all that hard and will make it a little easier for people to understand your posts so proper replies can be made. This is something I've posted in other forums before because it's something that comes up on the internet from time to time

Step 1 - install Mozilla Firefox. www.getfirefox.com Start using this instead of internet explorer. When you type a word it does not recognize as a properly spelled word (or just a word it doesnt recognize, like a link to a site) it will underline it with a red dotted line.

Step 2 - Separate longer running sentences into paragraphs. It's a nice way of "chopping up" your thoughts so that people can disseminate each thing you're trying to say without having a large block of text to read. That way even if they don't understand it right away they can easily navigate back to a certain paragraph for ease of re-reading it.

Step 3 - Proper grammar isn't required...I mean hell, it's the internet. People are just busting your ass to bust your ass.

You aren't getting the same type of response that some other members here get because they were already members of the forum before their incidents occurred so they've had time to form bonds or as much of a relationship/friendship you can form online. So they have people that can vouch for them and come to their aid. If you maintain your membership here and continue to post and become an active member of the community it well happen for you as well.

If you really want to help, once your situation is over it may be beneficial to scan any relevant documents and summarize the entire issue front to back. Until any such rulings has been made it's prudent you don't post any info regarding the proceeedings that could be used against you...the internet, like tracers, works both ways.

Good Luck.

- Kaos

(Northampton County)

as it was told of my story and accounts for what happened to me approx three weeks ago. i have gotten a lot of positive + negitive info from the user's of this fine sight. under the advice of a former exc distict atterney from a near by county i have retained legel consoal from a far away county due to the fact the firm speacilizes in civil + constitutional firearms laws. i tried to handle this problem my self by going to the DA's office what a fucking joke! them people aint nothing but a bunch of polittions u know tell we will do this for you and do nothing. so i went to the state police who handled the sittuation with the utmost respect and without doubt. as for the chief to tell me i cant drink and posses a firearm inside the four courners of my property he was surely mistaken. the arrest was not on the grounds of false arrest do to the fact i stepped outside of my home. but the search & seizer of a spare clip for a differant gun from witch i wasn't carring was illegel since it was not in plan view sight, and i also told the officer i did not consent to any searches. ive tried to answer all the peoples ? but was using this site wrongly so until i figuer out how all this internet stuff works, u should send any ? to my PM and i will answer all. P.S. WHAT IS A TROLL? ive got alot of that. AND CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE IT SAYS IF YOU CANT SPELL GOOD U CANT HAVE ANY RIGHTS IN THIS COUNTRY OR IS IT JUST ON THIS SIGHT?
    I think Spelling is less of an issue then using Cell phone short cut. It makes it very difficult to read and often makes large paragraphs impossible to follow.

instead of U spell out You
    Using 4 in place of for confuses the reader, we think you are counting something
    Etc...

At least your spelling is some what phonetic we can still read it. Help yourself and work at it, don't be afraid to look in the dictionary. I keep one on my desk and often visit www.m-w.com

If you prefer IE over Firefox, then you can download and install IESpell for free from this link http://www.iespell.com/download.php

After installing, simply right click and select check spelling before you click the submit button.

(Pike County)

No you have no rights, because you can't spell worth shyte! How embarassing. I mean a slip here or there is ok, but a whole paragraph?

(Lehigh County)

Hail Seizer!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast