Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default Important 2nd Amendment court case: Your Help is Needed

From a good friend mine Gene Hoffman:
    Gentlemen,

Some organizations in the law enforcement community are going to oppose Incorporation of the Second Amendment. Many of us suspect that isn't the position that most officers, chiefs, and sheriffs actually support. In support of the Nor**** appeal we need members of the following organizations to both ask their organization to withdraw their amicus briefs and/or to write letters to the Court of Appeals stating that the organization does not speak for them:

California Peace Officers' Association - 916-263-0541
    California State Sheriffs' Association - 916-375-8000
    California Police Chiefs' Association - 916-481-8000

If you're a member of any of these organizations, you need to call the organization to ask them to withdraw their amicus brief and to write to the Court and tell them that as a member you don't support your organization opposing Incorporation of an enumerated and fundamental right in the Bill of Rights.

Write to:
    U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
    RE: Nor**** v. King, No. 07-15763
    95 Seventh Street
    San Francisco, CA 94103

If you're not a member, please contact your Chief or Sheriff and ask a LEO friend to call and write a letter. If they don't want to, ask them why not. I'd suggest calling and politely speaking to your Chief or Sheriff just as you'd call Sacramento.

I also ask everyone to call each organization and tell them that you don't appreciate these organizations implicitly supporting the murder of African American elected Judges and Sheriffs by mobs (see US. v. Cruikshank, and The Colfax Massacre) and that you'd appreciate that they take seriously their members' oath to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States."

Let's be heard.

-Gene
    Adding as many voices and letters to the fight as possible is much appreciated.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Default Re: Important 2nd Amendment court case: Your Help is Needed

whats this all about?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    whats this all about?
    And furthermore, what does all of that mean? I'm not "getting it".

Perhaps a few hours of sleep will help.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

Ah, glad you asked. California has in the past two decades utterly sodomized the 2nd Amendment and thanks to the utterly abominable wackjobs that ran the 9th Circus Court declared it altogether void in the state. This court case, Nor**** v King, is a key case which will work to reverse what's been going on by declaring the 2nd Amendment incorporated under the 14th Amendment, meaning that all 50 states must recognize it and cannot have laws that conflict with it, just like all the other rights enumerated in the Bill of Rights. If we get a win at the 9th Circus, which looks like we will due to it being a favorable panel, then 90% of the ridiculous crap that CA has on the books (Of the reported 20,000+ gun laws in the country, around 2/3 of them are CA's) will be wiped away and the other suspect states like NJ, NY, MD, and MA will have their pants set on fire trying to defend their cockamanie nonsense. If it gets appealed to the Supremes, it becomes Heller on Steroids.

So yes this means you need to help with this one because it'll get rid of the problem of those 56 congress people that F&*% things up like they do because a non-gun rights crowd won't be in charge anymore.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

Quote Originally Posted by hoffmang View Post
    Our side's reply briefs supporting Incorporation of the Second Amendment are in as well as our amicus briefs.

Nor**** - Kilmer and Kates
    SAF - Gura
    NRA/CRPA - Michel
    Law Professors
    Various Professors

As I get the other amici and the other side's briefs and amici, I'll post them. Background on Nor**** here.

-Gene
    also Matt's site: http://calgunlaws.com

thanks mrbi11 for the link...........http://calgunlaws.com obama's the next hitler IMO... must read.