Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: AK/ SKS

Default AK/ SKS

There is a gun show this weekend in the land of cow pies and beer farts. I think is a good time to pick up an AK or a SKS. What are good prices? and what brand or country should I stay away from.

I have had good luck at this show finding stuff I need so Iam looking forward to it.

Grizz
    I always stressed to my son"one shot one kill that was all that is needed". When He came home from Marine Corp Boot camp He was telling me about the Marines stressing "ONE SHOT ONE KILL" He looks at me and the light bulb went on Dad was now a whole lot smarter than he was 13 weeks ago.

Default Re: AK/ SKS

AKs are rally tough to find right now at any show, Yugos are king (best build out there) if you can find one they seem to be in the $579 range.

I've seen SKSs in the $200 - $300 range, really depends on where they are from

(Chester County)

Hey i just want to say good luck at the show, but in my experience gun shows right now are not the best place to buy AK/SKS most are overpriced. i would suggest you look online even with +shipping and Transfer fee it'll be cheaper than buying at gun show. especially look on forums like PAFOA. you'll run into good deals.

as for what's AK is good to get. it'll depend on your budget.
    Saiga made in Russia is really good, but it dose not have a pistol grip and high cap mags are expensive. usually around $300

WASR made in Romania is also cheap AK $379

but if you have a large budget go for Bulgarian AK-47 $629

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/rif...page/1/sort/4a

i know if i have the money i would go for a bulgarian they are better made than the Romanian ones.

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/ak_firearms.aspx

here is another site check them out.

hope this helps.
    Is not safe. Is gun

(Monroe County)

Buy anyone you wish , even if Obama or Mcain is elected it will be months or years before they can get a Gun ban through the congress and senate , it took Clinton 4 years to do it.

I own them all, The Chinese makes the best SKS , they will outshoot any SKS out there including the Russians and they come with a nice Chrome lined Barrel that is very well done.
    The yugos are big and heavy with that finicky gas block for the grenade launcher that has many reliability problems and they dont have a Chromed barrel.

The Bulgarians makes the best AK'S bar none, if you can still find one, next is the Chinese Polytechs, the Hungarian SL85 etc.

The cheapest AK is the Romanians. Whichever one you get it will be Joy to own and shoot.

oh , the yugo AK's that came into the country lately are good Guns but some of thier parts are not Milspec so some after market Parts wont fit.

Nyman

Quote Originally Posted by mrnyman View Post
    Buy anyone you wish , even if Obama or Mcain is elected it will be months or years before they can get a Gun ban through the congress and senate , it took Clinton 4 years to do it.

I own them all, The Chinese makes the best SKS , they will outshoot any SKS out there including the Russians and they come with a nice Chrome lined Barrel that is very well done.
    The yugos are big and heavy with that finicky gas block for the grenade launcher that has many reliability problems and they dont have a Chromed barrel.

The Bulgarians makes the best AK'S bar none, if you can still find one, next is the Chinese Polytechs, the Hungarian SL85 etc.

The cheapest AK is the Romanians. Whichever one you get it will be Joy to own and shoot.

oh , the yugo AK's that came into the country lately are good Guns but some of thier parts are not Milspec so some after market Parts wont fit.

Nyman
    elected in 92, awb in 94, 2 years.

(Monroe County)

Hey, Hey, i see somebody had thier cup of coffee alreADY . lol

nYMAN

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz2720 View Post
    There is a gun show this weekend in the land of cow pies and beer farts. I think is a good time to pick up an AK or a SKS. What are good prices? and what brand or country should I stay away from.

I have had good luck at this show finding stuff I need so Iam looking forward to it.

Grizz
    I have a chinese sks. IT is a really good gun.The first time I shot it I use the iron sites it was dead on!! Were is this gun show you said about?????? I waiting to go to the next gun show and pick up a lower ar 15.

(Lycoming County)

I would go to the show with the goal of finding either. Take the mney for an AK but if you can't find that get an SKS.

or shop online.
    “It's not a gun control problem; it's a cultural control problem.” Bob Barr

"I have a love interest in every one of my films - a gun." Arnold Schwarzenegger

(Centre County)

going back to Grizz's original question, what is the going rate for an SKS? I'm wondering this myself and would appreciate figures on what to look for.

(Monroe County)

The Chinese SKS are the cheapest and the best , next cheapest is the Yugos, then the Russians , the rarest and most expensive are the sino-soviets , the North koreans, East Germans and Vietnamese.

Dollar for dollar pond for pound bullet for bullet you cant beat a Chinese SKS.
    If you want the Gun for self defense get a Milspec Chinese, A Milspec Chinese will have a Triangle on the right side of the receiver with a stylized number in the triangle.

Nyman

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast