Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: oh wth!

(Jefferson County)

Default oh wth!

Today started off a nice day, tad chilly but nice. Made it through work all fine and dandy. However as I walking back to the motel, only made it a block from the office - my cell rings. ....its my uncle. The Brookville Borough police called the farm and said someone ran a car into my house and they needed to get ahold of me. I'm like, ...huh? what? you gotta be joking.. wtf?

So, I got to the room and checked out. Ran 80 miles home, yep - sure as shit someone smashed into my house. Front door and 2 ft of wall from the door to the corner of the house is smashed in a foot from the floor, door dont close - jamb/frame screwed.

Apparently a young woman lost control in a 35mph zone, went over the curb, did a 360, traveled 100-150ft, smashed into my neighbor's 60ftX2.5ft+ dia spruce tree, completely totaling her car, went back out in the road, spun 180 going backwards out into the road, came back over the curb, traveled another 40-50ft, up over my 8-12" high deck/porch, and into my house(rear first).

Now get this, the girl(27'ish) claimed she was only doing 15-20mph and heard something hit the bottom of her car at the time it started. I'm guessed to the officer 45-50mph for all that. He said "I'm saying bullshit too, and that I think your estimate was conservative." He told the wrecking company to treat it as evidence and put it on the rack tomorrow to see if something could have caused the loss of control. ....a 2007 Mitzubishi Eclipse - which I'm sure is gonna have full coverage.

Pics sometime tomorrow. Its blacker than the ace of spades right now.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: oh wth!

Wow.

I hope there isn't any(serious)structural damage.

I'm sorry, but if you eff up someone's HOUSE with your car, you should be demoted to a tricycle.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

wow! that's really wild! can't wait for pics.

lol funny stuff EM, "demoted to a tricycle".

(Jefferson County)

oks... I gots beer now..

Its not like the car came into my house, but its bad enough that I cant secure the place. And theres apparent damage to the wall. Luckily she missed the corner by fractions of an inch, which would have caused serious structural damage. I'm gonna guess $3-10K at most on the house. ...which my house isn't worth much more than that. Not that its a dump or anything, just 150 years old to the year never really "improved" much(trying to keep taxes down). But now, I'll have to get a building permit, so my house will be re-appraised to 2008 prices versus the 1977 value/appraisal I was taxed on.

All I have is fire and contents coverage(couldn't afford more). Her insurance better cover it, otherwise Mr. Snyder might be getting a call.

I was about livid the whole way home, even more so when I saw it in person. I gotta give the officer credit though, he made some pleasant chitchat to settle me a bit.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Monroe County)

yeah no way you do that going 15 - 20. that thing hitting hte bottom of her car is typically called "the curb".

Sue her ass.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Cambria County)

Fuck man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it, but keep us posted. Hope things work out for ya.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by NineseveN View Post
    Fuck man, that sucks. Sorry to hear it, but keep us posted. Hope things work out for ya.

THAT'S IT ????????

That's all you got to say ????

Mr. seveN, I'm a little disappointed.

Marry you, and ruin it all ? I say let's play in sin. ~Michele
    Do ya like warm oil massages ?~Me
    As long as it's gun oil.~Michele

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by ShakeyDad View Post
    THAT'S IT ????????

That's all you got to say ????

Mr. seveN, I'm a little disappointed.
    It's cold man, and I was just in the pool...

(Lackawanna County)

I'd love to read the cop's report. "Operator states she was talking with her friend on her cell phone, drinking a latte, and changing a CD. Said she didn't know how fast she was travelling because the car was spinning too hard and the loud bang when she hit the house scared her....."
    "Guess what?! I got a fever, and the only prescription... is more cowbell!"

(Mifflin County)

That sucks man. But at least you weren't sitting at home when it happened.

I remember back in HS my friend crashed a car after jumping a 14 inch high curb and demolishing a brick wall that was backed by dirt. That moron tried claiming he was only doing 25.
    Audaces fortuna juvat

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast