Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Maryland Shooters Forum, Fall Shoot 2008

All Friends of the 2nd Amendment are Welcome! Do we have a friend in Pennsylvania? The Range is located on Maryland's Eastern Shore not far from Ocean City, Md.. Gun Shop on Sight.......Hot Food & Beverages too.
    ~Lambo

http://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.p...13&postcount=1

Our next MDShooters sponsored event will be on Sunday, October 19th at DelMarVa Sporting Clays in Mardela Springs, MD, on the beautiful Eastern Shore.

Click here for a map to the range.

Time: 9am until we run out of ammo.

Cost: $15 for the day (this is the range fee to be paid to DelMarVa SC).

Lunch: Provided by DelMarVa Sporting Clays for $7-7.50 a person and well worth it.

If you haven't attended one of these events, do. It is a blast...literally. If you have, we look forward to seeing you again. I sincerely apologize to those that can't make it. I wish that we could accommodate everyone, but with such a large group there are bound to be schedule conflicts.

I'd like to get a rough headcount, so please respond to this thread if you think that you will be able to attend. Also include the likely number of guests that will be attending with you. Once we get closer to the date I will post a poll so that I can get a more accurate headcount for food purposes.

Stay tuned, as there will be more info to follow...

Headcount: 122

Please read carefully

1. One of the purposes of these shoots is to be proactive in introducing new shooters to the sport. As such, please invite anyone that you think would be interested in learning more about shooting.

2. If you see someone looking uncomfortable as they may be a new shooter, let someone know so that we can help them have an enjoyable day.

3. Spot77, Norton, and I will serve as the head range officers. We will also have some assistants working with us throughout the day. The entire range will be treated as one firing line. This includes the handgun range. No one on the pistol range should be forward of the line extending from the forward edge of the awning.

4. Full auto is allowed. .50 BMG is allowed on the 200 and 300 yard berms. Make sure your paperwork is in order and present for any NFA firearms.

5. Ceasefires will be called at a minimum of every 30-35 minutes.

6. Common sense rules apply -
    •Bring your ear and eye protection (though there are some there to be borrowed)
    •Leave the booze and other intoxicating substances at home.

7. The number of people attending this event far exceeds the capacity of the facility for everyone to have their own bench. We WILL need to share.

8. For safety reasons and so that it's easier for us to check the firing line prior to going down range, please pack up whatever firearms you are not using. The less guns there are out, the quicker we can call "range cold" and let you change targets.

9. If there are some guns that you want to try out, don't be afraid to ask! It doesn't get any better than this for "kicking the tires" before making a purchase.

10. If you want help with a firearm, this is the day to do it!

11. The range provides target backers/frames on all firing lines.

12. Putting clays on the berms is permitted if you like to watch things explode.

13. Please pickup your brass, steel and target detritus throughout the day and especially before you leave.

14. There will be no handling of firearms during the ceasefire. Period.

15. One range officer will be assigned to the pistol range at all times.

16. No loaded firearms should be handled behind the firing lines.

Lightbulb Re: Maryland Shooters Forum, Fall Shoot 2008

A must see here! Plenty of Pics & Videos!! Love that 50cal.
    ENJOY,
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=10572