Hello, my name is Otto Orive.

I currently teach the defensive pistol courses as well as running the Defensive Pistol League at Anthony Arms Indoor Range in West Mifflin.

I would like to take a moment to let you know that Anthony Arms Indoor Range has a new manager, his name is Mark Pasquale. If you have a chance, stop by the store/range and introduce yourselves. Feel free to offer any suggestions that you might like to see implemented at the range.

We are currently in the process of adding more training classes. (Low Light Training, Defensive Rifle, and Defensive Shotgun courses)

If you are free on Thursday nights, join us between 6 – 8 pm for the Defensive Pistol League. The league is geared towards the shooter that wants to practice and improve his or her defensive pistol skills. Courses will consist of firing multiple shot strings, failure to stop drills, reload drills, shooting from cover, strong & weak hand shooting, malfunction clearance drills, and shooting from different positions.

Shooters will need to bring his or her handgun, semi-autos will need at least two magazines and revolvers will need at least one speed loader or speed strip. Courses of fire will be 50 rounds. Ammo must be purchased at the range on league night.

The weekly match fee will be $5.00 for Range Members, $10.00 for non-members. (Targets are provided) The league will run for 8 weeks. All shooters must have a valid C.W.P.

Shooters will have the opportunity to work from the holster after they have shot in the league for 4 weeks and show proof of training where the draw stroke or “presentation” has been taught.

The next Defensive Pistol League starts on April 5, 2007 and runs for 8 weeks.

If you have any questions contact me at PSCTng@adelphia.net