Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Ruger Made It Right!

I recently bought the Lipsey's edition GP100. It's a .357 5", blued revolver, walnut grips, half lug,...

When I got it home, there appeared to be bluing missing behind the cylinder on the frame visible when opened, as well as on the crane. It was already showing very light rust. Ruger insisted on getting it back. To my surprise, it was returned in a week completely refinished. When I opened the case, it was wrapped in a silicone cloth with another silicone cloth on the package. Nice touch. (There's no such thing as perfect....but I'm sure pleased with the turnaround and improvement on this GP100)

People are quick to complain, but not offer a kind word. So here's oneIMG_5628.jpg for Ruger...well done!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Ruger Made It Right!

Nice looking pistol! Ruger makes fine products, but even the best companies have a problem child now and again - great customer service makes us willing to buy again !

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Montgomery County)

Just about everything I've bought from Ruger had to go back or otherwise needed adjustment. Not a large sample size but it's troubling IMO.

(Susquehanna County)

GP100 is generally a fine revolver! Use it in good health and I hope you and your kids get many years of safe and fun use out of it.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Bucks County)

I had a Ruger MK III that locked up last year after about 6,000 rounds and could not be taken down for cleaning. Yes, it still shot. Yes, I read the instructions and watched the videos lol. Yes, I had taken it down several times before.

Brought it to a gunsmith who also could not take it apart, so they sent it to Ruger. It was back in a week, repaired, and there was no charge From the smith or from Ruger. None. Try that with any other household appliance

I agree with the OP - sometimes the good news needs to be shared.

(Lancaster County)

Looks great. Thanks for sharing this information. I hope it shoots as good as it looks! Enjoy it.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Bucks County)

Thanks guys! Took it to the range tonight and after a very minor adjustment to the rear sight....works very well. 50 rounds was enough to get it adjusted for a good group.

My OCD is getting better about the burn rings on the front of the cylinder....seems to be working anything long enough to remove them will remove bluing. I work with a toothbrush with the bristles cut back a bit and some Hoppe's. Not perfect...but better. Glad for any thoughts on that...

(Berks County)

Leave the carbon rings alone. Not just bluing you’ll wear. The cylinder throat can get worn and accuracy negatively affected. Wipe it off with bore solvent and oil.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Centre County)

As Gunsnwater said, don't worry about the carbon rings, they will not affect the workings or accuracy of the gun. However, OCDing about them and scrubbing away at them CAN (eventually) affect the gun. Even on a stainless steel gun, they may look bad but they don't hurt anything and other than a collector gun that is not fired, carbon rings will happen on every revolver ever made. Just get it into your mind that those are signs of honest use of the gun.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Bucks County)

Thanks! I don't own a single firearm that's a museum piece. I keep them as nice as I can...but if I can't shoot it....I don't want it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast