Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Little help with a Compact Pistol...

OK, well I love my H&K P2000, it is light enough, comfortable (with the full grip and interchangeable back straps) and in the .40 Cal is a good balance of power and control. It is just too big to conceal really well though. Don't get me wrong, its not huge, but I have to wear multiple layers or a jacket to really do things right. Also, I want a backup weapon just in case circumstances force me to turn one in for a while. I looked at the Glocks in-store (the Glock 30 I believe), and now I am looking at the 39. The problem was that my hand is way too big for the grip, I can only get two fingers on it. While at the range I ran into a retired NYC LEO that actually had a 30 and a 19? Anyway we played around, I showed him my gun he let me play with his, you know the story...anyway, he was about 6' 5" and I thought I had big hands...wow...so anyway he showed me how he preferred to grip the 26 with a finger firmly situated under the mag. We talked about LEOSA and whatnot and I went and blew through 250 rounds. Anyway, does anyone else have this issue? I just don't know if I could get comfortable gripping it like that...does anyone know of a compact pistol with a good grip...
    Thanks
    Last edited by emsjeep; October 1st, 2008 at 02:59 AM.

Default Re: Little help with a Compact Pistol...

look into shooting one with a pierce finger extension on the mag. makes a big difference, but won't affect reliability at all and barely changes the size.

I have them on all my 10rnd mags for my g29, which is the same frame as the 30.

I have what most people call mitts, or paws, for hands. I have difficulty finding a grip that I can even hold sometimes, much less shoot. I've fired a lot of different pistols and revolvers over the years, and the one compact that fits me best is the Smith and Wesson M&P 9c. I use the largest backstrap of course, but I can shoot it very well. I would say give it a try if you can. Your hand may find it completely different, but that is why we have lots of choices. Good luck with it.

I have the same issue with my Detonics, you'll get use to it after a while of shooting. I can't get a Pierce Extension for mine, so it's either shoot it or sell it... LOL

My GF's XD has the same problem and a grip extension helped her a bunch.
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Bucks County)

I have two subcompact Glocks (a G27 and a G29) and I absolutely must have grip extensions on the bottom of my mags to shoot them effectively. I have Scherer grip extensions on my G27 and I like them a little better than the Pierce because they're a bit bigger. Unfortunately Scherer doesn't make extensions for the G29/G30 so I use Pierce.

If you don't mind dropping down to a .40 caliber, check out the subcompact Springfield XD's.

(Bucks County)

I really miss my HK P2000SK. Selling it off when I was sick was a dumb move that I regret.

Quote Originally Posted by emsjeep View Post
    OK, well I love my H&K P2000, it is light enough, comfortable (with the full grip and interchangeable back straps) and in the .40 Cal is a good balance of power and control. It is just too big to conceal really well though.
    Too big? Mine would absolutely disappear inside a Kramer IWB holster in shorts and t-shirt, etc.

The same Pierce grip extensions that work for the G26 work for the HK p2000sk.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Karys View Post
    Unfortunately Scherer doesn't make extensions for the G29/G30 so I use Pierce.
    I have Scherer extensions for my G30.

http://glockparts.com/store/item/ppw..._For_G-30.html

(Philadelphia County)

If you love your P2000 so much, then get the P2000SK.
    Unless you want something different. Then the XD Sub compact is nice, because it comes with the standard sub mag and an extension mag, which is cool.

XD subcompact shown with extended grip/mag.

I also like the CZ 75 compact.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

+1 for the Pierce extension, or another option is the Magpul Speed plate. I can't provide a link because I'm at work, but go to www.magpul.com and they're not hard to find.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8855&dateline=1222904  944
    Acacia Lodge #452 F&AM, Savannah, GA

Georgiacarry.org supporting member

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by typeshluder View Post
    I have Scherer extensions for my G30.

http://glockparts.com/store/item/ppw..._For_G-30.html
    Yep. Sorry. I forgot that they make extensions that fit the G30 but not the G29. I should have specified that they won't fit the G29 in my post.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast