Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: rack CZ 75 B

(Allegheny County)

Arrow rack CZ 75 B

Does anybody know if they make some kind of aid to crack pistol. I thought it was only me, but I met fellow at the range and he said he was having the same problem. Can somebody point me in the right direction.

(Elk County)

Default Re: rack CZ 75 B

Try cocking the hammer first, then attempt to rack the slide. That should be easier.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Chester County)

The 75 series pistols sit very low in the frame and don't provide much meat to grab as compared to, say, Glocks or Sigs. That being said, what Noah said above is true. The hammer in the down condition greatly increases required racking force on the 75 series guns. Cock it first, then run the slide. If that still requires too much force for you, try swapping the hammer spring out for a 15lb'er (stock I believe is 20lb). My SP-01 ran fine with a 15 but had trouble with Euro primers at 13.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

You need to get yourself some man hands.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ianb1116 View Post
    The 75 series pistols sit very low in the frame and don't provide much meat to grab as compared to, say, Glocks or Sigs. That being said, what Noah said above is true. The hammer in the down condition greatly increases required racking force on the 75 series guns. Cock it first, then run the slide. If that still requires too much force for you, try swapping the hammer spring out for a 15lb'er (stock I believe is 20lb). My SP-01 ran fine with a 15 but had trouble with Euro primers at 13.
    If you are cocking the hammer first, I would doubt the hammer spring change would make any difference. Perhaps a lighter recoil spring. Wolf has them. https://www.gunsprings.com/CZ/75%20S...ID16/dID91#834
    Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

(Allegheny County)

I have the polished stainless and it can be difficult for me at times and my hand has slipped off before also. It works well as is, so i would not want to change the spring and possibly start having issues with it. I have weak fingers hands due to health issues so i just struggle through it as i love the gun otherwise.

just thought about the polymer racking blocks - Dunhams sells them. may work.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    If you are cocking the hammer first, I would doubt the hammer spring change would make any difference. Perhaps a lighter recoil spring. Wolf has them. https://www.gunsprings.com/CZ/75%20S...ID16/dID91#834
    Slide still pushes the hammer down further on rack. If you're "pre-cocking", you're correct in that it won't make a helluva lot of difference. It will help the hammer down cocking.

I wouldnt change the recoil spring. They're typically sprung just right from the factory unless you're running pud loads.
    I'm only here for the wood c-rings.

(Bucks County)

What technique are you using to rack the slide? Are you trying the "sling shot" method, or are you doing the "over the top" method? (c.f. https://www.usacarry.com/racking-pis...-not-strength/)
    I seem to recall a similar discussion on AR15.com. People who owned CZ's recommend an "over-the-top" method if you were having trouble racking the slide. Some even suggested using the rear sight as a kind of hand stop when pulling back on the slide.

When you try to rack the slide, does it feel like you're fighting spring tension, or does it feel more like friction between sliding metal components?

Is this a new gun, or one that has been thoroughly broken in?

Do you have the same trouble when the magazine is out and/or when the magazine is partially loaded? Does the problem seem to only occur when racking the slide on a full magazine?
    Last edited by PewPewPtwang; August 21st, 2018 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Clarification/wording

(Susquehanna County)

Cocking the hammer first helps. But beside that try using your weak hand to hold the slide over the top and your strong hand to push the grip forward.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities".

(Lancaster County)

If it's grip strength you're lacking you could try one of those thin rubber gripper things you use when trying to open a jar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast