Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Northern Chester County Sportsmens Club Open Membership

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your interest in Northern Chester County Sportsman's Club. If I may clear something's up.

ShadowFlag would have been correct in stating that as a lapsed member, he would not be asked to provide a sponsor to rejoin the club. As a New Member, we are enforcing the sponsorship program. What we have seen in the past is Sponsor's help the new member's learn about the club, understand the responsibilities we have to one another and guide them to be long time members without issues. If it's not broke why fix it right? We like to get to know you and you know us.

Sponsorship can be obtained from a member currently with the club or someone you can meet at one of the public events we have. To be honest, we have limited open events due to current heath guidelines. If you like, we have trap open to the public on Thursday nights from 6:00PM-8:30PM. That should be going on for the next few weeks before we close that event for the season. There are usually members of the board available on these nights to answer questions, show you around and help guide you along your way.

I hope that helps and hopefully we will see you out at the ranges.

Respectfully

TDSjr

You can always call the club phone or drop us an email at communications@nccsc.us. I am a member of the Board and would like to help you in anyway we can to get you introduced or we can direct you to someone that can answer any questions I might need help on.

(Chester County)

@TDSjr thank you for your response! So sorry I missed it.]

I did apply a bit ago, and I believe it is still pending.

Would love to come out to the trap events, if they are still open for the season. Quick question (i admit it sounds stupid): do you need to bring your own shotgun for the public events? I own handguns and rifles but no shotgun yet. I have never shot trap before but would love to learn.

Looking forward to hearing back from my application to see what I can do next, when possible!

Thank you,
    Steve

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Swessfan View Post
    @TDSjr thank you for your response! So sorry I missed it.]

I did apply a bit ago, and I believe it is still pending.

Would love to come out to the trap events, if they are still open for the season. Quick question (i admit it sounds stupid): do you need to bring your own shotgun for the public events? I own handguns and rifles but no shotgun yet. I have never shot trap before but would love to learn.

Looking forward to hearing back from my application to see what I can do next, when possible!

Thank you,
    Steve
    Yep, it's a BYOS event. And events are posted on the calendar and it looks like this week is the last of the shotgun events.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Chester County)

Thank you for clarifying!

Just gives me another reason to buy a shotgun haha

(Berks County)

Thank you Walleye for the quick response.

Swess~ Walleye is correct that we have wrapped up our Trap season for the year. If you can DM me, I can try and help you a little quicker. I know that we have limited openings for new members and the spots are filling up fast. We have a hard cap at ~825 members. I believe we are only going to have two more orientation classes before closing the books for the year.

Please reach out and we can have a quick phone conversation on how we can check on your membership application as well as what we might be able to do to help move your application along a bit quicker.

Respectfully

TDSjr

(Delaware County)

Has the membership cap for 2021 been reached? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by a lack of response from several ranges I have tried to join, so if membership is already closed, there's really no sense in applying.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by M404 View Post
    Has the membership cap for 2021 been reached? I'm becoming increasingly frustrated by a lack of response from several ranges I have tried to join, so if membership is already closed, there's really no sense in applying.
    I don't know, I haven't seen anyone in quite a while but by this time of year they are pretty much done doing the mandatory orientation classes even if they aren't capped out.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TDSjr View Post
    Thank you Walleye for the quick response.

Swess~ Walleye is correct that we have wrapped up our Trap season for the year. If you can DM me, I can try and help you a little quicker. I know that we have limited openings for new members and the spots are filling up fast. We have a hard cap at ~825 members. I believe we are only going to have two more orientation classes before closing the books for the year.

Please reach out and we can have a quick phone conversation on how we can check on your membership application as well as what we might be able to do to help move your application along a bit quicker.

Respectfully

TDSjr
    Hate to bring back a zombie, but I was looking to join this club and saw that the club takes new members Aug 1. Does anyone know if membership is full? If not, I’d like to talk with a current member about sponsor info so I can submit my application and hopefully be accepted for next month. Thanks!
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Minor Threat View Post
    Hate to bring back a zombie, but I was looking to join this club and saw that the club takes new members Aug 1. Does anyone know if membership is full? If not, I*d like to talk with a current member about sponsor info so I can submit my application and hopefully be accepted for next month. Thanks!
    Membership is open and the last I heard, they had quite a few openings. They shoot trap on Thursday nights, open to the public and if you go there then, you can usually score a sponsor. Alternatively, I could meet you somewhere where I could get to know a little about you, then I could sponsor you. Getting in by next month would be a longshot though. They offer orientation in the order that they came in so you'd have to wait your turn on that.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Membership is open and the last I heard, they had quite a few openings. They shoot trap on Thursday nights, open to the public and if you go there then, you can usually score a sponsor. Alternatively, I could meet you somewhere where I could get to know a little about you, then I could sponsor you. Getting in by next month would be a longshot though. They offer orientation in the order that they came in so you'd have to wait your turn on that.
    Thanks for the info & offer! I will try to come out for a trap night. Can I use my semi auto for trap, or is that frowned upon? I shooting sporting clays with it typically, have never tried trap
    If you're not outraged & disgusted, you are simply not paying atttention

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast