Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Philly Police Union Calls For Parole System Review

from cbs3.com:

http://cbs3.com/topstories/Philadelp....2.828196.html

Unfortunately, it's an old refrain.
    Golferman
    .It's a long way down from a high horse.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Philly Police Union Calls For Parole System Review

so its all okay until one of their own gets killed then its an outrage? what about the hundreds that are victims of crimes a day due to this an there is no outrage then but now there is?
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

They just don't understand, that these disenfranchised youths have not had a fair shake at life. They have struggled with adversity all of their lives. It is not their fault, that society has left them behind and let them down. They need another chance, and more government housing and free state cheese.

Plus, it's good for job security.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Plus, it's good for job security.
    That's the bottom line.

Stay well.

---elston

"I have always been fond of the West African proverb: 'Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.'" - Theodore Roosevelt, January 26, 1900.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ! - King Leonidas I, 480 B.C.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away. - modern adage.

(Chester County)

You mean the laws prohibiting felons from being able to buy firearms wasn't working?

Huh....wonder why that is.

(Allegheny County)

Finally the Police are coming over to the gun owner side on this one.

Philly doesn’t have a gun control problem,
    .......Philly has a CRIMINAL CONTROL PROBLEM.

Here is a report that WE handed out to all legislators in PA at the gun owners Second Amendment Second to None Rally in Harrisburg PA on April 7, 2008 , detailing the problem that the Philly police are finally understanding ......welcome to the party pal

PA Firearms Laws & PA Commission on Sentencing Reports
    http://acslpa.org/n-legislative/pa_firearms_laws.htm
    Gun Control does not equal CRIMINAL CONTROL.

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?se...cal&id=6419993

Police call for moratorium on parole
    Monday,September 29, 2008 | 1:52 PM By Vernon OdomSPRING GARDEN -

September 29, 2008 (WPVI) -- A viewing will be held later today for murdered Philadelphia Police Officer Patrick McDonald.
    He was shot to death last week by a man with a violent past, who was recently released on parole. And today, the City Police Union is calling for tough steps to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    The Fraternal Order of Police wants a full investigation of the State Parole Board's practices and standards. They want no more plea bargains for anyone charged with felony assaults on police officers. The cops say four Philadelphia cop killings in a year is an outrage.
    The Fraternal Order of Police and the police department brass are calling an all out public pressure assault on judges they believe are too easy on violent criminals and the state parole board, which they say lets dangerous convicts out on parole when it is not necessary.
    The FOP has a full page in the Daily News today saying they are going to up the pressure on the judicial system to lower the boom on potential cop killers.
    During a press conference today Fraternal Order of Police President John McNesby said, "Our police officers are angry and they are outraged. They are outraged at the sentencing practices of the judges of the city of Philadelphia, and also the anger should be directed to the nine-member parole board." This week's poster child is the late Daniel Giddings - the career criminal who shot and killed Officer Patrick McDonald last week. Giddings just got out of jail in August after serving 10 years of a 12-year sentence. Judge Lynne Bennet Hamlin, who sentenced him Giddings, could have given him over 40 years. Because of his misconduct in prison, the parole board could have held him 2 more years.
    "We will not standby silently while our legal system, specifically our judges and our parole board, as they allow violent, violent career criminals to freely roam our streets,"
    said McNesby.
    Philadelphia Police Commissioner Charles Ramsey added, "Let me ask you a question: How many judges have been killed this year on the streets of Philadelphia? I'll give you an answer - zero. How many parole board members have been killed this year? Zero. Yet the decisions they make impact the lives of every single one of us. And I cannot stand here and say no Philadelphia police officer has died within the last year because we're burying another one tomorrow!"
    Police Commissioner Ramsey is asking for as many members of the public as possible to come out after 1:00 tomorrow afternoon and line the funeral procession route to show their support for Officer McDonald's family and the Philadelphia Police Force in general.
    The Only issuse I have with this article they stress no more Parole for repeat violent criminal that has only used it against police, I say making it against ALL repeat violent criminal, why wait for the repeat offenders to get any chance to hurt anyone including another police officer.

Catch and release is great for fish, NOT repeat violent criminals

Plea Bargains = SNITCH = Dead Body when they Parole.

Parole in this states a joke. YEA, theres guys who deserve it for NON Violent crimes who screwed up . Then they parole these worthless assholes who just go back to their old gangbanging ways.

Catch and release is great for fish, NOT repeat violent criminals
    We need to go back to CATCH AND HANG.

Make the courthouses worth something again.

(Montgomery County)

The FOP has their strong voice to pressure for what they want. Our voice is voting, but Lynn Abraham, Philly DA, and those like her, keeps getting reelected. It's her prosecutors that make the deals, not the judge, in most cases. Seems to me we need to build more jails and dictate mandatory sentences (which the judges and prosecutors don't like). I know that parole boards need to be publicly accountable. It's on my "to do" list.
    Golferman
    .It's a long way down from a high horse.

(Bucks County)

How about PA quits allowing other states to pay us for housing THEIR prisoners.....then there won't be so much pressure to let these people out early to make room.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty, or give me death! " - Patrick Henry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast