Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

This illustrates why we recommend voting Republican even for a POS like Toomey.
    The Democrat will almost always vote party line with his leadership.
    The Republican will also almost always vote party line with his leadership.

With votes like this it makes the difference between success and failure.

Please remember this in November and never throw your vote away out of frustration.
    Politics is a dirty multi layered long term game.
    You need to keep voting and stay in the fight even when the benefit is not immediately apparent.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Mifflin County)

Default Re: GOA ALERT: 7-11-2018 CALL/EMAIL SENATORS TO CONFIRM BRETT KAVANAUGH FOR SCOTUS

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    The Democrat will almost always vote party line with his leadership.
    The Republican will also almost always vote party line with his leadership.

With votes like this it makes the difference between success and failure.

Please remember this in November and never throw your vote away out of frustration.
    Politics is a dirty multi layered long term game.
    You need to keep voting and stay in the fight even when the benefit is not immediately apparent.
    YES !!

(Lancaster County)

One problem is the Roe V Wade thing, the two Rep. female senators, one from Maine and I forget where the other is from, are not 100% on board. The whole abortion thing is going to get a lot of traction from the gal pals, and that could sway some senators trolling the female vote.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone View Post
    One problem is the Roe V Wade thing, the two Rep. female senators, one from Maine and I forget where the other is from, are not 100% on board. The whole abortion thing is going to get a lot of traction from the gal pals, and that could sway some senators trolling the female vote.
    Republican Sens. Lisa Murkowski of Alaska and Susan Collins of Maine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    Ahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
    <gasp>
    <wheeze>
    Good job, you didn't choke.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly
    Sorry, I am not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone
    One problem is the Roe v. Wade thing
    I learned long ago that it is difficult to change supreme court precedent. I believe Roe v. Wade will become an issue if, and only if evangelicals rise up and make a raucus. They can shout for gun rights while they are at it. In regards to Roe v. Wade I think the precedent is fair and should not be messed with. I would be considered a heathen and an apostate by most churches.

On the topic of the right to keep and bear arms, after reading the dissent from Heller v. DC from Kavanaugh I say he is a green light- and only on that topic. I have little to no say if he is confirmed or not. If we must defend other constitutional rights as a consequence, whatever that may be- then we will have to.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone View Post
    It ain't going to happen, SCOTUS does not like to over turn previous rulings as it makes them look "stupid". The only way they'll do it is if there's overwhelming support against it... And that's not even a given. However, this is all kabuki theater. He will pass easily with a minimal fight. Because after all, he's voted for some very progressive causes over the past 10 years. Personally he has an amazing 2a stance and strong on balancing powers but he uses law to play into decisions rather than the Constitution.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12