Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Gun rights people lament low rally turnouts

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    I realize Bloomberg funds a lot of protests. All I'm saying is if he didn't the anti nit wits would still show up in droves.
    Were they doing this before Bloomberg stuck his nose into things? Were there big demonstrations back in the 1970s? Do you remember the 38,000 pairs of shoes in DC? Shoes!

Bloomberg and the Brady Campaign are playing a sly game. Everytown and the Gifford's group is "reasonable" and "moderate". VPC (violence policy center) and Brady Campaign are more "radical". To me the difference is pace, how fast they want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by Yoder View Post
    Most gun owners are working or taking care of their family so they don't really care that much about a rally. I love guns and I've been to one in my life. Just one. That's pretty sad. I wasn't really shitting on these kids, just making an observation. I do support gun rights with votes and money. I'm a member of the NRA, JPFO, GOA, IDPA and USPSA. I'm always sending money to the NRA. I even signed up for Patriot mobile for my cell phone service and set my donation to the NRA. Their service sucks by the way. Every shirt I wear is supporting a gun company, the NRA or a Veterans organization. I guess that's better than screaming nonsense with a sign on the street.
    Sounds like you're doing as much as anyone can do.

I don't buy demonstrations as being an end all. They're useful. They give people a sense of belonging, of hope. We get the same thing here at this forum and in many other places.

The Media are trying to create a perception that the public wants gun control.

Most of the public doesn't care one way or the other. People mind their own business. We need to get more of them on board with us.

Take someone to the range. Every person who owns a firearm has a reason not to want gun control. Some will anyhow but not most of them.

(Chester County)

I’m busy with work and life, and don’t have the time to attend rallies for rights THAT I ALREADY HAVE.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKIII View Post
    I’m busy with work and life, and don’t have the time to attend rallies for rights THAT I ALREADY HAVE.
    True that. Unlike the protesters in yinzburgh and east yinzburgh; do-nuthin check-collectors with nothing else to do except hang in the streets with spoiled, racially-confused and unemployable white kids.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Philadelphia County)

The anti-gun movement died Monday, July 9 9PM Eastern Standard Time.

(Delaware County)

I don't go to these gun right rallies. And I know most of my buddies don't either...but we sure do vote that way. Put your money where your mouth is and not waste time at a rally when you can be shooting at the range instead...

(Tioga County)

I think summer time is a bad time for such things. People want to get out and enjoy life and not think about politics. Once fall kicks in I think you can get people's attention better.

I've never been a big rally person. I believe there is a time and place for them. I have no opposition to them if people are keen on having them but I think you make more progress turning people pro gun on a one on one basis and also being involved with your representatives as those are the people that will actually vote on laws.

Of course the media will present things this way.

Compare the 1000+ we had in the 2A Rally we had in the Capitol to the 20-30 paid Moms Demand hags that showed up.

Yes they're more organized because they do this for a living, they are actually paid to do it. We have to find a vacation day to use to get off work to make it...and we pay for our own t-shirts!
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12