Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default $9 eBay cobra belts are good to go. I tried 6 of them against my Navy spec tacshield.

I had been wanting to pickup a cobra belt to play with for a few months now but couldn’t justify the price tag after spending $75 on my tacshield belt for a war belt setup. Went over to eBay and saw these $8.61 cobra belts in 6 different colors to choose from. 1 meter long, 1.5” high. So, I bought 6. While I don’t have any pics of me hanging myself from the belt horizontal under my engine hoist, I can assure you that the belt supports at least 220lbs.

Besides the price, best part is that the ends of the belt are marginally taller than the belt material itself, meaning that it can be run through your belt loops unlike other $150+ belts I’ve seen on the market. I was able to pull off the black and navy blue belts in dress pants at work without any comments which was a great success to me since I hate leather belts that dry and crack or loosen over time at $30.

Tacshield D ring, Velcro belt on top. I’ve used the navy belt daily for 2 months and the only wear is seen on the clasp. Webbing material seems quality and IT IS a double stitched for strength surprisingly. The belt material IS EXTREMELY pliable. Offers support sinched down. Perfect for appendix carry or a battle belt even.

Note that clasps are engraved and not just stenciled. Stitching pattern on solid colors differs from camo patterns and would appear stronger. Ends of webbing are melted and not frayed after use.

They are highly recommended. Hope this helps someone. Expect 1 month shipping time.

Last edited by Zet70; July 5th, 2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Emergency Medicine prevents natural selection

Default Re: $9 eBay cobra belts are good to go. I tried 6 of them against my Navy spec tacshi

Got a link? Not seeing this

Default Re: $9 eBay cobra belts are good to go. I tried 6 of them against my Navy spec tacshi

Quote Originally Posted by archtimb View Post
    Got a link? Not seeing this
    What he said,.and thanks for the information.

(Berks County)

Here you go guys ����

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162850709531

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zet70 View Post
    I had been wanting to pickup a cobra belt to play with for a few months now but couldn’t justify the price tag after spending $75 on my tacshield belt for a war belt setup. Went over to eBay and saw these $8.61 cobra belts in 6 different colors to choose from. 1 meter long, 1.5” high. So, I bought 6. While I don’t have any pics of me hanging myself from the belt horizontal under my engine hoist, I can assure you that the belt supports at least 220lbs.
    *Some* of us are over a meter around, especially when carrying IWB. Are we an underserved minority? Can we demand retribution? Maybe force every manufacturer to produce belts in our size for the same price as these, even if it costs them twice as much to make?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.K View Post
    *Some* of us are over a meter around, especially when carrying IWB. Are we an underserved minority? Can we demand retribution? Maybe force every manufacturer to produce belts in our size for the same price as these, even if it costs them twice as much to make?
    Well now I just feel like a “waist circumference elitest”. I reread the eBay ad. It’s actually 125cm long. So that about pant size 50. So if you’re under size 50 waist you should be g2g.

My apologies lol

(Chester County)

I thought a gun belt had to be stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    I only use leather.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Some of these belts are extremely stiff and they work great. I have s family member that’s an Air Marshal and he uses one and those guys have to carry and conceal a lot of shit.

I know his cost slot more then $9.00, is made in the USA and is double thick and double stitched.

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    I only use leather.
    I mainly use leather too. My belt is lined with spring steel and has been going strong for 3 years now. However there are other excellent options on the market now from Blue Force and Blackhawk.

I can’t speak for theses but I’m willing to try one out, even if the belt isn’t for me the buckle is worth the price especially if it’s removable and will work with other belts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast