Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Moving from Texas

Job may have me move to PA from Texas. Looking at Chester County. Are there any issues that I need to be aware of with my suppressors? I am familiar with the NFA/ATF rules, just concerned with local rules. Appreciate any feedback.

(Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Moving from Texas

You will like PA. As far as I know if you are compliant with NFA/ATF rules you will be good to go.
    Once you get your PA Driver's license, get your License to Carry Firearms (LTCF) so you can conceal carry, have loaded in vehicles, and open carry in Philadelphia.
    Open carry everywhere else does not require a LTCF while ON FOOT.

Long guns can be sold between private parties who are PA residents and not restricted from ownership.. no FFL needed. Handguns and short barrels do require FFL transfer

Get ready for long wet winters
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Bucks County)

legal suppressors are allowed for hunting in PA too.

(Chester County)

Have lived in Chester County for 57 years (Dad moved us here from NJ in 1960 thank God) and as the traffic can be nasty it is always great to get home in West Vincent twp. The most beautiful section of the County is the ride from Coatesville to Unionville on rt.82.imo. It's the former King Ranch land that is breathtaking when seen at dawn and dusk. No more heards of black angus but the land has not been developed. Jenn G would agree I think. You can not go wrong with relocating in Pa and or Chester County.

Thanks Guys, Originally from South Jersey. Moved to Texas for work about 5 years ago. Fist thing I did was get my LTC. Now work brings me back, but no way am I moving back to Jersey. My son lives in Columbia, so Chester County is my absolute first choice. About Mid way between work and Granddaughter LOL. I like PRS any long distance (600-1000 yard) ranges close by? I will travel if needed. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by bignic83 View Post
    Thanks Guys, Originally from South Jersey. Moved to Texas for work about 5 years ago. Fist thing I did was get my LTC. Now work brings me back, but no way am I moving back to Jersey. My son lives in Columbia, so Chester County is my absolute first choice. About Mid way between work and Granddaughter LOL. I like PRS any long distance (600-1000 yard) ranges close by? I will travel if needed. Thanks again!
    University rifle club goes out to 600 yards. They are located in Berks county in Exeter. Depending on what part of Chester you are looking in it may be worth the trip.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

As others have said, Chester County is a nice place to live. The Sheriff is very pro 2nd. Not sure about long range ranges. But two to look into depending on where you move are Southern Chester Country Farmers and Sportsman Association or Northern Chester County Sportsman Club.

Forgot the name, but isn't there a 1000+- range out Lancaster/Ephrata way? Not that far from western Chester Cty.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    As others have said, Chester County is a nice place to live. The Sheriff is very pro 2nd. Not sure about long range ranges. But two to look into depending on where you move are Southern Chester Country Farmers and Sportsman Association or Northern Chester County Sportsman Club.
    Northern Chester County only goes to 150 yds, other than that not a bad place to join.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Open carry everywhere else does not require a LTCF while ON FOOT.
    Except during a declared "State of Emergency"....which seems to be about 90% of the damn year, for one reason or another.