Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Co-worker askes "how many"

The other day at work while wiring up a big bunch of low and high voltage controlls a co-worker who also collects a few firearms asked me "how many do I own" I stopped what I was doing and thought to myself "how many",,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I didnt know, So I replied "I dont know"
    The he asked "how many 45s" I thought about that one, and told him how many,,,,,, Buy when I got home I realized I forget one,,
    It is a bit ?embarrassing???
    I really dont know,,,
    Now I am half tempted to count, But I wont in fear of thinking I have enough and the persuit of a 4" Smith and wesson 22 revolver is unnecessary,
    So I will leave the sleeping dogs lay for now.
    Do you have the same issue??????
    Peter.
    WHATS IN YOUR SAFE????? DO YOU KNOW?????

Default Re: Co-worker askes "how many"

I know what's in mine, some even have a history . . . . . good ones
    Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior ~ 3%

(Westmoreland County)

I used to worry about quantity...but now, I just take joy in just having a well rounded collection...

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

(Lycoming County)

Someday I hope to have that problem. But for now I can count them all from memory. It's only 9.... Course I'm anal enough that even when it is a large number I may be able to recall it. I will probably have an itemized list for insurance purposes at some point too. That might make remembering easier.
    I think the founding fathers meant exactly what they wrote: the government should not make any laws restricting the RIGHT of the people to 'hold or retain in one's possession' and 'hold or carry' guns and other weapons that would allow them to keep their government in line.

(Philadelphia County)

Funny enough I do have an itemized list and every reciept from everything I have, But that doenst mean that I count them, I love them and sometimes I will go after one to take to the range and go "OH I forgot about that one" and bring it along.
    I dont care about quantity, Just that each is cared for and kept clean and happy! A couple are 30+ years old and have never fired a shot outsid ethe factory.

(Cumberland County)

Unfortunately, I too have few enough that I can count them all, I'm working on it though
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

(Lancaster County)

I've gotten the "how many" question a few times. I know how many I have(and its more than I need but not as many as I want!) but I don't feel comfortable letting other people know. I'm probably more paranoid than I need to be but I don't need a friend of a friend trying to find my stash for a quick buck. I generally just say a couple and if they probe deeper I just blow it off. Unless they are gun people I might be a little more open.

I had an interesting conversation once where a non-gun friend of my wife's was telling me a story about a friend of his who left town for a few days. During that time a pipe broke in his apartment and the cops had to break down the door. While in the apt, they found his collection of 45 guns. My wife's friend was appalled by the number...Why does anybody need 45 guns?? I saw the light bulb go off in his head and he asked me if I had 45 guns? I said Oh gawd never! ...and smiled I then thought to myself...something bad must have happened to have the inventory THAT low!

(Chester County)

I'm happy to say that I wouldn't be able to answer without having to think about it for a few minutes, and sometimes even when I do a mental inventory, I often miss a few.

(Cumberland County)

My answer is to the how many question is always "One less than I need"
    Upper Adams Fish and Game www.uafg.org

(Lancaster County)

I have gotten the question from anti's and just curious people over the years. Mostly from people who don't want ya to own one much less a dozen.

I always reply with "several" and when I get the enevitable why this or that or so many, I smile an politely say they're like a set of golf clubs. Each has a specific function, you wouldn't drive with a putter or putt with a sand wedge.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." -Edmund Burke

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. -Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

“One man with a gun can control 100 without one. ” -Vladamir Lenin, Founder Communist Party USSR ... I hate to quote a commie, but when they ban your gun, you'll know who gave them the idea.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast