Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Arrow Scope mount problems

I have a high point carbine that I would like to put a scope on. The rail I have on there now isn't working out. It seems that the rail on the carbine is beefier, and the gripping clamps just don't want to get a good grip on the rail. I guess that means a new set of rings, but I don't know what size to get or ask for. The grandkids and I just use this for plinking, so we don't need a deluxe set. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Joe

Default Re: Scope mount problems

I mounted a scope on mine with no problem. I think they are 1" rings, the bottom part are standard size if Im not mistaken.
    Word of advice, back out every screw and blue loctite them. My scope fell off as did all the plates under the rail, and jammed the gun.
    All the stock screws came lose also, and lost a bunch. Hi point sent me a screw kit with new plates, for free. Great people to deal with.

(Allegheny County)

I had it mounted on another gun & it dawned on me that I had to move one of the rings so the cross pin would fall in between the ridges. That fixed it. let me tell you it's tough getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyj View Post
    I had it mounted on another gun & it dawned on me that I had to move one of the rings so the cross pin would fall in between the ridges. That fixed it. let me tell you it's tough getting old.
    Thats all it was? HAHA. I wish we had pictures, could have solved that asap
    I thought it was a size issue.

(Warren County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    I mounted a scope on mine with no problem. I think they are 1" rings, the bottom part are standard size if Im not mistaken.
    Word of advice, back out every screw and blue loctite them. My scope fell off as did all the plates under the rail, and jammed the gun.
    All the stock screws came lose also, and lost a bunch. Hi point sent me a screw kit with new plates, for free. Great people to deal with.
    Another "Derp moment" in the world of DIY wrenching on guns.

BTDT.

But, no postie on intarwebz so no t shirt for markshere2
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE