Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Carbon County)

Default Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president

Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president, organization says

Lt. Col. Oliver North is set to become the president of the National Rifle Association of America, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated Monday, the group announced.

North will be retiring from his role at Fox News effective immediately. He will be taking over the position occupied by Pete Brownell, who did not seek a second term as NRA president.

"I am honored to have been selected by the NRA Board to soon serve as this great organization's President," North said in a news release. “I appreciate the board initiating a process that affords me a few weeks to set my affairs in order, and I am eager to hit the ground running as the new NRA President.”

The NRA announced that Oliver North will become President of the National Rifle Association of America within a few weeks, a process the NRA Board of Directors initiated Monday morning. (AP)

NRA Executive Vice President and CEO Wayne LaPierre called North a "legendary warrior for American freedom, a gifted communicator and skilled leader." LaPierre called the North announcement "the most exciting news for our members since Charlton Heston became President of our Association."

North served 22 years as a Marine and was part of the National Security Council staff during the Reagan administration. He hosted a documentary series titled "War Stories with Oliver North" and was a contributor on Fox News.

NRA spokeswoman Dana Loesch congratulated North on his new position.

"Thrilled about the Oliver North news. A total warrior for freedom, this is the last person that anti-gun advocates would want as the new President of the NRA board," she tweeted.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/07...tion-says.html
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Berks County)

Default Re: Lt. Col. Oliver North to become NRA president

There's already one of these around here, amigo.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    I thought he was prohibited, but I guess all the verdicts were reversed.

(Westmoreland County)

Col North was involved in some questionable stuff in the 1980s while he was with the Reagan Administration. The Democrats were playing games with Foreign Policy, Col. North worked around it. He got busted. He and Admiral Poindexter took the fall for it.

We never have had a reckoning over the Sandinista revolution - which was mostly done by Cuban Intelligence - and how the Sandinista idiocy caused rural Campesinos to revolt against them. The Progressives viewed the Sandinistas as "liberators", which they weren't, and the Nicaraguan Resistance as fascists, which they weren't. Col North was involved in arming the resistance which violated the Boland Amendment. I still remember Tip O'Neill babbling about the goodness of the Sandinistas, while they were killing thousands of people as "counter revolutionaries". The Democrats were idiots about that policy too.

Long and short of it - Col North is a controversial figure. We'll have to see how it goes. I hope that he isn't going to marginalize us still further.
    Last edited by GeneCC; May 13th, 2018 at 08:45 AM.