Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Found this on obamas website..

www.barackobama.com under issues and then urban policy.. you might have already seen it but i didn't.
    How do you make guns childproof as it states he wants to do below?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

then i found this on www.johnmccain.com under issues..

John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right that we have a sacred duty to protect. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals - criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.
    Last edited by glockman22; September 26th, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

My Name is GlockMan And I Approve This Message!!

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Found this on obamas website..

But BHO respects firearm owners... [/sarcasm]
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    I find it interesting that when bho mentions firearm owners he always says sportsmen and hunters.never states anything about people who just go to work everyday and don't hunt who want to protect themselves.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockman22 View Post
    I find it interesting that when bho mentions firearm owners he always says sportsmen and hunters.never states anything about people who just go to work everyday and don't hunt who want to protect themselves.
    I'm proud to live in small town pennsylvania clinging to my guns and religion...

BHO just likes to put on a good show... "lets tell them what they want to hear"
    Please visit my Website for Exotic ammunition and 37mm goodies... http://gunshowgoods.com

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

www.barackobama.com under issues and then urban policy.. you might have already seen it but i didn't.
    How do you make guns childproof as it states he wants to do below?

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

then i found this on www.johnmccain.com under issues..

John McCain believes that the right of law abiding citizens to keep and bear arms is a fundamental, individual Constitutional right that we have a sacred duty to protect. We have a responsibility to ensure that criminals who violate the law are prosecuted to the fullest, rather than restricting the rights of law abiding citizens. Gun control is a proven failure in fighting crime. Law abiding citizens should not be asked to give up their rights because of criminals - criminals who ignore gun control laws anyway.
    Umm . . . no.
    AHHHHHH! I guess they only belonged in the frontier back in 1775. I mean they don't need them in the streets of the colonies. Jews never needed guns in 1929 Germany. Russians never needed guns either. China? Nah.

Quote Originally Posted by bige64 View Post
    ....who want to hunt. finished it for you.

Barry doesn't feel you, I, or the lady down the street need to have a suitable firearm for self defense, whatever type we feel that may be.

Just buy your mags, rifles and ammo now to be safe.

(Berks County)

Buy while you can because there are plenty of Deluded who believe this guy! He tells whoever he is in front of what they want to hear. His latest battle with the NRA caught him in another group of Lies. He points to fact Check to back him up, however they simply base things on his "Current Postion".

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9722.html

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/2/16/22186/4153

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347690,00.html

Obama has consistently supported gun control legislation that came up while he was in the Illinois state legislature and the U.S. Senate.

For example, when Obama ran for the Illinois state senate the political group, Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI), asked him if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” and he responded “yes.”

Realizing how damaging this could prove in the general election, his presidential campaign “flatly denied” Obama ever held this view, blaming it instead on a staffer from his state senate race.

But then IVI provided Politico the questionnaire with Obama’s own handwritten notes revising another answer. Members of IVI’s board of directors, some of whom have worked on Obama’s past campaigns, told Politico that “I always believed those to be his views, what he really believes in, and he’s tailoring it now to make himself more palatable as a nationwide candidate.”

But the IVI questionnaire isn’t the only one out there.

In 1998, another questionnaire administered by IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test didn’t ask about banning all handguns, but it did find that Obama wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Indeed, such a ban would outlaw virtually all handguns and the vast majority of rifles sold in the United States.

In addition, from 1998 to 2001, Obama was on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which funded such anti-gun groups as the Violence Policy Center, the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, and Handgun Free America. Both the Violence Policy Center and Handgun Free America, as its name suggests, are in favor of a complete ban on handguns. During his tenure on the board, the Joyce Foundation was probably the major funder of pro-control research in the United States.

In fact, I knew Obama during the mid-1990s, and his answers to IVI’s question on guns fit well with the Obama that I knew. Indeed, the first time I introduced myself to him he said “Oh, you are the gun guy.”

I responded “Yes, I guess so.” He simply responded that “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.”

When I said it might be fun to talk about the question sometime and about his support of the city of Chicago’s lawsuit against the gun makers, he simply grimaced and turned away, ending the conversation.

If taken literally, Obama’s statement to me was closer to what the IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test found, indicating that Obama's bans would extend well beyond handguns.

Obama also opposes the current laws in 48 states that let citizens carry concealed handguns for protection claiming, despite all the academic studies to the contrary, that "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

Even Hillary Clinton disagrees with him on this.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by gwohsau View Post
    Buy while you can because there are plenty of Deluded who believe this guy! He tells whoever he is in front of what they want to hear. His latest battle with the NRA caught him in another group of Lies. He points to fact Check to back him up, however they simply base things on his "Current Postion".

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0408/9722.html

http://www.talkleft.com/story/2008/2/16/22186/4153

http://www.ontheissues.org/domestic/...un_Control.htm

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,347690,00.html

Obama has consistently supported gun control legislation that came up while he was in the Illinois state legislature and the U.S. Senate.

For example, when Obama ran for the Illinois state senate the political group, Independent Voters of Illinois (IVI), asked him if he supported a “ban [on] the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns” and he responded “yes.”

Realizing how damaging this could prove in the general election, his presidential campaign “flatly denied” Obama ever held this view, blaming it instead on a staffer from his state senate race.

But then IVI provided Politico the questionnaire with Obama’s own handwritten notes revising another answer. Members of IVI’s board of directors, some of whom have worked on Obama’s past campaigns, told Politico that “I always believed those to be his views, what he really believes in, and he’s tailoring it now to make himself more palatable as a nationwide candidate.”

But the IVI questionnaire isn’t the only one out there.

In 1998, another questionnaire administered by IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test didn’t ask about banning all handguns, but it did find that Obama wanted to “ban the sale or transfer of all forms of semi-automatic weapons.”

Indeed, such a ban would outlaw virtually all handguns and the vast majority of rifles sold in the United States.

In addition, from 1998 to 2001, Obama was on the board of directors for the Joyce Foundation, which funded such anti-gun groups as the Violence Policy Center, the Ohio Coalition Against Gun Violence, and Handgun Free America. Both the Violence Policy Center and Handgun Free America, as its name suggests, are in favor of a complete ban on handguns. During his tenure on the board, the Joyce Foundation was probably the major funder of pro-control research in the United States.

In fact, I knew Obama during the mid-1990s, and his answers to IVI’s question on guns fit well with the Obama that I knew. Indeed, the first time I introduced myself to him he said “Oh, you are the gun guy.”

I responded “Yes, I guess so.” He simply responded that “I don’t believe that people should be able to own guns.”

When I said it might be fun to talk about the question sometime and about his support of the city of Chicago’s lawsuit against the gun makers, he simply grimaced and turned away, ending the conversation.

If taken literally, Obama’s statement to me was closer to what the IL State Legislative National Political Awareness Test found, indicating that Obama's bans would extend well beyond handguns.

Obama also opposes the current laws in 48 states that let citizens carry concealed handguns for protection claiming, despite all the academic studies to the contrary, that "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

Even Hillary Clinton disagrees with him on this.
    I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't want me to protect myself in a life or death situation should be labeled a killer.

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

I'm sorry but anyone who doesn't want me to protect myself in a life or death situation should be labeled a killer.
    I think he was agreeing with you there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast