Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default How does a Moderator moderate

I have been wondering how do they moderate. I know that they have jobs and lives and are not hard wired to their computers but do they get get together and say I have the hour of 3-7 open so I can cover that? Are they assigned specific areas such as I will cover Hunting if you can cover the Lounge? Or is it they hit any & all forums when they get the chance. I know posts can be reported to the Mods, but if things aren't reported, how do they stay on top of things? An inquiring mind wants to know.

Default Re: How does a Moderator moderate

Quote Originally Posted by Kimba View Post
    I have been wondering how do they moderate. I know that they have jobs and lives and are not hard wired to their computers but do they get get together and say I have the hour of 3-7 open so I can cover that? Are they assigned specific areas such as I will cover Hunting if you can cover the Lounge? Or is it they hit any & all forums when they get the chance. I know posts can be reported to the Mods, but if things aren't reported, how do they stay on top of things? An inquiring mind wants to know.
    I've moderated/run a few forums and quite frankly they can't be there all the time. There's more users than moderators. It's up to the users to reports posts, and PM mods.

You can also see who's online at the bottom of the main forum view.

Having more mods means more ability to spread it out. Eventually you can come to the point where specific people moderate specific areas of the forum as sub moderators, and then you have global moderators.

But that's the basic gist of it.

As far as selection goes, never trust a person ASKING to become a moderator...bad news written all over that.

(Berks County)

Excellent question, Kimba!

Once you become a moderator, you have a special chip installed in your cerebral cortex. You retain most of your humanity in this procedure, but not all of it. Mentally, a moderator will become faster, more sentient, while their bodies becomes, pretty much, just a shell. After the procedure, most moderators are only able to sit upright in a chair. Their diet will consist of luke-warm tea, baby formula, and human blood. A bib and diaper must be worn at all times, as they will drool and mess themselves. Remember, mind = supercomputer; body = withering drooling shell of a former human being.

The chip provides a direct 24/7/365 connection to the forum that they are a moderator of. A faster-than-light process allows each post, each private message, each bit of rep given, all of your personal information, etc to pass on a continuous internal loop through the moderator's brain, allowing them to judge and approve, not just content, but each of the posters themselves.

People and posts judged less than worthy...disappear. Sometimes they escape from where they're taken and return, but this is rare. What happens to them is a mystery, but some theorize that they are sent to Alaska and turned into "furries."

(Westmoreland County)

I moderate and admin several forums and it is a tough job! No one person can cover all the topics and posts so mods depend on each other to catch problems as well as the early alert known as the report button! My Ford forum has almost 17,000 members but I am lucky to have a crack staff to help handle all the drama! LOL

You stay on the look out for anyone who wishes to discuss PAFOA t-shirts and then lock it down. Ooops. Oh well, now this thread will be locked too.

(Lebanon County)

RocketFoot, how much drama can you have on a forum about fords????

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by granuale View Post
    You stay on the look out for anyone who wishes to discuss PAFOA t-shirts and then lock it down. Ooops. Oh well, now this thread will be locked too.
    Good one. +1

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    RocketFoot, how much drama can you have on a forum about fords????
    Fix Or Repair Daily

F***er Only Runs Downhill

and so on....

(ps I drive a ford and mine has been reliable, just adding to the fun)

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    Excellent question, Kimba!

Once you become a moderator, you have a special chip installed in your cerebral cortex. You retain most of your humanity in this procedure, but not all of it. Mentally, a moderator will become faster, more sentient, while their bodies becomes, pretty much, just a shell. After the procedure, most moderators are only able to sit upright in a chair. Their diet will consist of luke-warm tea, baby formula, and human blood. A bib and diaper must be worn at all times, as they will drool and mess themselves. Remember, mind = supercomputer; body = withering drooling shell of a former human being.

The chip provides a direct 24/7/365 connection to the forum that they are a moderator of. A faster-than-light process allows each post, each private message, each bit of rep given, all of your personal information, etc to pass on a continuous internal loop through the moderator's brain, allowing them to judge and approve, not just content, but each of the posters themselves.
    People and posts judged less than worthy...disappear. Sometimes they escape from where they're taken and return, but this is rare. What happens to them is a mystery, but some theorize that they are sent to Alaska and turned into "furries."
    This reminds me of a movie called Invasion based on a book by Richard Cook.
    Some scary stuff there!

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos View Post
    Fix Or Repair Daily

F***er Only Runs Downhill

and so on....

(ps I drive a ford and mine has been reliable, just adding to the fun)
    Found On Road Dead

We also have a Ford truck. It has served us well.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast