Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Targetmaster - Chadd's Ford

I stopped by there yesterday, had not been there in years. Had a not-so-great experience there about 15 years ago, but that's a story for another day. I had a dermatologist appointment in the area, and was going to be way early, so I stopped in to kill some time. Much rather look at guns than year old Good Housekeeping magazines in the waiting room.

You get a flavor for the place before you even walk in. There are signs all over the parking lot that say "Tagetmaster parking ONLY, all others will be towed". Right at the door there is a sign that spells out their dress code! A dress code at a shooting range? Now I've heard everything. I was there just to look around rather than to shoot, so I don't know what you go through to use their range these days. Gun prices were pretty much what I would expect - full list on new guns, top end on used. After all, they have a little more overhead than the guy who rents a table at a gun show. Also, they did have some interesting used guns, stuff you don't see at an average gun store (Nambu pistol, several P-38's, Lugers, Sauer pistols).

Anybody else been there recently?

Default Re: Targetmaster - Chadd's Ford

I go there from time to time. In my opinion, most of the rules they have there are for a reason. Same experience on pricing, but overall not too bad for having that overhead. As long as you don't go at peak times the experience there tends to be good. Obviously, there are only so many guys there at one time so when they are slammed customer service is impacted.

(Philadelphia County)

The dress code is probably used to manage “clientele” and in some instances a safety issue.

Regarding the parking, how would you feel, if you as a customer pulled up, had no where to park because all spots were filled but when you went inside there was no one there ?

(Berks County)

Is there a 'U Pull It' next door?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Delaware County)

Love the place. Have had a membership there for years.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Chester County)

Thanks for the info. It's good to know they make sure they have enough parking for their customers and are concerned with safety on the range.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fritz1255 View Post
    I stopped by there yesterday, had not been there in years. Had a not-so-great experience there about 15 years ago, but that's a story for another day. I had a dermatologist appointment in the area, and was going to be way early, so I stopped in to kill some time. Much rather look at guns than year old Good Housekeeping magazines in the waiting room.

You get a flavor for the place before you even walk in. There are signs all over the parking lot that say "Tagetmaster parking ONLY, all others will be towed". Right at the door there is a sign that spells out their dress code! A dress code at a shooting range? Now I've heard everything. I was there just to look around rather than to shoot, so I don't know what you go through to use their range these days. Gun prices were pretty much what I would expect - full list on new guns, top end on used. After all, they have a little more overhead than the guy who rents a table at a gun show. Also, they did have some interesting used guns, stuff you don't see at an average gun store (Nambu pistol, several P-38's, Lugers, Sauer pistols).

Anybody else been there recently?
    Not sure why you ask the question at the end since it's crystal clear you just want to bash them. You don't buy there, you don't shoot there, so what are you complaining about?

But yes, I'm there all the time. Other than the minor annoyance of them checking my ammo everyone and everything is perfectly fine.

You straight up lied about their gun prices by the way. New gun prices on the tags are all slightly discounted. I've purchased 3 used guns from them and I was able to sell all of them later for what I paid or a few dollars more, so I clearly didnt over pay. There are deals to be had there. Not like Tanner's but their prices are still better than tss, french creek or chester county outdoors.

The owner owns the whole building, the parking signs are there because he doesn't want his tenants customers (Goodwill) using all the spots for his targetmaster customers. This is a problem for you?

(Delaware County)

Yep, sure seems like a bash thread. I did get a kick out of your positive review for TSS that equally indicated you are not really a customer there, either.

I'd like the OP to tell us:

1. Why parking only signs are an issue. I can honestly say that, before now, I had never heard of a patron complaining about parking signs for the store they were patronizing.
    2. Why he never saw the dress code sign before, it has been in place for almost 20 years.
    3. Which new guns are specifically at MSRP. Previously they were very competitive with new gun pricing. I'd be surprised if you were seeing Glock Gen5s with a $699 price tag.
    4. Define "top end" on the used guns and state your qualifications for determining this complaint. Specific examples would be great.

(Delaware County)

TargetMaster is a great place. I have been going there since Tommy opened it. As far as rules go "Dress Code", not everyone wants to hang out or shoot with people in wife beaters or guys with jeans hanging around the back of their knees. Cell phones....enough said. I own a business and occasionally cashier. I HATE when customers come up to pay and are too busy on their phones to simply say hello or have any type of human communication. I have seen some customers in Targetmaster that are absolute boneheads that I wouldn't want to have to deal with but they are the minority as most people in there are generally nice. As far as pricing goes......all you have to do is ask. If Tanners or Gun Broker is cheaper I'm sure they will do their best to compete. Speaking of Tanners, I personally didn't care for the place, and TSS is a gun range as they don't have many guns there.

(Delaware County)

I'm going back to Targetmaster to get a new membership, but I am doing so somewhat grudgingly. I live more-or-less inbetween Targetmaster and The Gun Range in Philadelphia. The Gun Range has a few benefits, excellent customer service being primary, but the traffic can also suck, and there's no parking lot so you have to try to find street parking.

I went to Targetmaster for many years, but stopped going because a few times I ended up waiting 90 minutes to use the range for an hour, and when I went on a weekday afternoon, sometimes they'd have half the lanes shut down, so I'd still end up waiting. So, I guess now I have to get the highest tier platinum membership so that I can reserve a lane, which means an extra $120-something/year over The Gun Range, where I could just walk in and get a lane 19 times out of 20.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast