Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default Re: Targetmaster - Chadd's Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I'm going back to Targetmaster to get a new membership, but I am doing so somewhat grudgingly. I live more-or-less inbetween Targetmaster and The Gun Range in Philadelphia. The Gun Range has a few benefits, excellent customer service being primary, but the traffic can also suck, and there's no parking lot so you have to try to find street parking.

I went to Targetmaster for many years, but stopped going because a few times I ended up waiting 90 minutes to use the range for an hour, and when I went on a weekday afternoon, sometimes they'd have half the lanes shut down, so I'd still end up waiting. So, I guess now I have to get the highest tier platinum membership so that I can reserve a lane, which means an extra $120-something/year over The Gun Range, where I could just walk in and get a lane 19 times out of 20.
    Why not just find a sportsman's club to join?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Delaware county Field and stream. Its a little ore of a PIA to join but you get a heck of a lot more for your money. Pistol, Rifle, shotgun, blackpowder, .22, archery, hell even air rifle. If you don't mind outdoor shooting, but they have enclosed shooting lanes with a roof

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigandy1966 View Post
    Delaware county Field and stream. Its a little ore of a PIA to join but you get a heck of a lot more for your money. Pistol, Rifle, shotgun, blackpowder, .22, archery, hell even air rifle. If you don't mind outdoor shooting, but they have enclosed shooting lanes with a roof
    I have a DCFS membership, but they don't like "rapid fire," and you can only put targets at 15, 25, or 50 yards at the pistol range. Also can't load more than 5 rounds. Extremely limited usefulness for anything other than slow-fire bullseye practice.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Montgomery County)

What a bunch of unfriendly people. Never have I ever felt so unwelcome. I was checking out a $1000+ gun in the case and some guy comes over says nothing to me and rings up what I had in my hand before I had the chance to ask to check it out. I paid and left. I wont be back. I'll stick to Tanners in Jamison, PA for my gun purchases they are friendly and know how to make people feel comfortable in their shop. Also the price gouging going on at this place is ridiculous. For the same S&W EZ at Tanners they were charging $70 more . I don't know how they stay in business being so unfriendly to people.

(Philadelphia County)

I wouldnt have paid for whatever he rang up.It would have sat right there on the counter while I told the guy about himself with my wallet in my hand.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburban View Post
    I went to Targetmaster for many years, but stopped going because a few times I ended up waiting 90 minutes to use the range for an hour, and when I went on a weekday afternoon, sometimes they'd have half the lanes shut down, so I'd still end up waiting. So, I guess now I have to get the highest tier platinum membership so that I can reserve a lane, which means an extra $120-something/year over The Gun Range, where I could just walk in and get a lane 19 times out of 20.
    Bought my first pistol (S&W M&P9) at Target Master years ago... good service, transaction and fair price. Haven’t been back since, because I live an hour away and there are lots of gun stores that are closer to me.

What you describe is BS service from any retailer and is why I won’t ever go back... thanks for the reference.

I remember when It was only me and another shooter on the range. That was years ago.

(Delaware County)

Something has definitely changed at that place. I have shopped there for years and am a range member. The amount of crap those guys deal with…locals from Delaware who have never handled a gun, students (who have never handled a gun), locals who can’t pass a PICS check…I have to give the employees credit. That being said, something has definitely changed. Maybe new management? I see faces behind the counter not seen before. Faces that just walk in and out of the office, never deal with customers. The employees(some not all) have definitely become more arrogant and stand off -ish. I sill go there to use the range because its close and TSS is $400/year range membership.
    Maybe someone who knows more could chime in, anonymously of course.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by William Blake View Post
    [SNIPPED]The employees(some not all) have definitely become more arrogant and stand off -ish.
    This basically described most of the staff 4 or 5 years ago, and was why I didn't return for many years. I guess it might sound weird, but I used to be in there regularly (every couple weeks), spent thousands of dollars there, and I still got treated like I didn't matter, and that bothered me more and more. I went to other indoor ranges to shoot carbines, or for matches, and across the board, the staff is better everywhere else, sometimes much better. I think they (Targetmaster) have so many people throwing money at them, that they just don't really care anymore about anybody. There were a couple sales guys that were cool. Chris left many years ago to work at the police store, and I'm not sure about the other guy. I haven't seen him recently, but I've only been there a couple times this year.

Why am I back now? It's really entirely down to location, location, location.
    Removed NRA Life Member pic. LaPierre and Chris Cox are ruining NRA.

(Chester County)

I've never experienced the attitude issues people always complain about.. until recently. They need to get rid of the woman that's been working the range register lately. Miserable and arrogant. Had to argue with her about gold dot ammo casings being nickel coated, not steel. You work in a gun store and don't know what Gold Dot is?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast