Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Kel-Tec P11 experience?

Hey guys,
    Wondering if anyone currently shoots, or has fired, the Ket-Tec P11? For a bit now I have been trying to decide whether I wanted I M&P9c or Glock 26 for CCW, mostly IWB. At the shop the other day I handled a P-11 and, gotta say, it fit my hand pretty well. I understand both the Smith and Glock are heads and tails above the p11 in quality, but I already have a house gun (G17 & Mossy 500) and I pocket carry a .357 snubbie most of the time due to work dress, etc. I guess my question is, with the incredibly low price, is the kel-tec a servicable "carry and shoot occasionally" gun, or am I just going to buy it then wish I had one of the others. Any opinions would be MUCH appreciated! Thanks.
    "Things have taken a turn for the surreal." - Capt. John Miller

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Kel-Tec P11 experience?

Love my P-11. Have a G-19 which never sees carry time. The factory trigger is tough but you can get a replacement at the KTOG website that makes the gun great. 12 round mag from KT and either a tire tube grip or Handle Jr. and you'll love it too. 12+1 in a light ergonomic package.

Last edited by PocketProtector; September 25th, 2008 at 07:44 PM.

(Luzerne County)

+1 what he said.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Gotta eat me some dinner.

I'll get back to ya in a little bit.

P-11screennamesaysitallSHOOTER

(Fayette County)

I got my P11 for $200 used. The only thing i dont like about it is the long trigger pull. I seen someone posted something about an after-market mod. you can buy, someone should let me know if it helps.

Glade Mill Lake, Cooperstown, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Mine has the original trigger spring, and it's heavy as hell. New ones are better, and I have shot them with the rubber grips and trigger shoes and it makes a world of difference.

I couldn't get the accuracy out of mine that the top pic shows, and I know it's not me because I shoot my new M&P9c very well.

For the money, it's a damn fine gun. Trigger is not the best, but it's very nice to carry around. I have a new M&P9c and carry the p-11 when I want something lighter, or want to wear tighter shirts. It's now my bug.

I do LOVE that little gun though. I was going to do a glock style torture test on it, but I still carry it and don't feel like beating up on something that's served me so well.

Great little guns, with crappy triggers.

(Fayette County)

The only good thing about the rough trigger is that it makes the gun safer, that and its hammerless. It comes apart easily for cleaning as well. One pin holds the entire gun together.

(Berks County)

Lots of recoil and muzzle flash. Sights and trigger are crappy from factory. Needs a good bit of cleaning up around the edges to make it 'nice'.

Light as can be asked for in a reliable gun, simple to operate and maintain. With a S&W 5800 series 15rnd magazine, theres no more compact way to carry 16rnds of 9mm. Accuracy also improves greatly with the 15rnd, as it gives your hand something proper to hold on to.

(Dauphin County)

I had a P11 for a while about about 600 rds through it before i sold it. I like it alot and NEVER had a FTF or FTE. I installed the metal guide rod and the trigger shoe (which helped with the trigger pull by putting more surface area on the trigger) I liked my P11 alot and would buy another kel-tec product again. The guy I sold it two the last time I talked to him said it was shooting great also. So dont read too far into any reviews. The olny reason I sold it was it was too big for pocket carry. I couldnt get the accuracy either in the above target, but I would be able to atleast put most of the rounds down range effectively. It fed all types of ammo also with no hitch, WWB, Wolf, pmc, hyda shok, Federal HST's, golden sabers, and hornady tap.

(York County)

O also have one bought used from another member. It has never had any kind of failure, I put the metal guide rod in it and put in new recoil spring wile I was at it , I also put the trigger shoe on but didnt like it so took it back off. I polished my barrel along with the feed ramp and chamber and the SUPER shiny barrel looks great against the blued slide. I took me a little while to shoot it as accurately as posted above because of the trigger on it but can now and it is capable of it. No complaints from me on the P11 other then the trigger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast