Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Do you carry your CCW with +1?

Quote Originally Posted by cutlerylover View Post

p.s. I dont use spell check, and I type very fast but cant type well fast, but I dotn care enough to go back to check my spelling, Im not in english calls anymore, lol...you get what Im trying to say..
    Negative rep sent - if you can't be bothered to read what you are typing then you shouldn't post it at all.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Chester County)

Apparently you guys know it all...how nice it must be to be you...I bow down to perfection...listen guys, I am safe with my guns...I double and triple check to amke sure they are not loaded everytiem I touch them...I go even beyond that by not carrying +1...too safe, impossible...am I ready for every attack that coudl ahppen, no, but then again neither are any fo you...I dont live in an area where there is alot of crime, hardly any at all...maybe thatas where the communication gap is here, perhaps some of you guys live in crapsville, and have a much greater ned for a firearm, therefore insist on your own ways of carry, and if so thats fine, I alsway admit I dotn know it all, and have plenty of room to learn...but right now I am happy with the way I do things, and at the end of the day I at least have a gun on me...more than I can say for alot of people walking around...so lets agree to disagree because no matter what I say one fo you will ahve to add your imput and one up me so to speak...get a word in showing how much of a firearnm master you are...Its not worth the time...all that ebign said I do appreciate all of the contructive critisism given...again I wont admit I know everything so those posts were appreciated...Not being sarcastic either...
    The only reason I/ we took issue with your posts is your made up BS about what is safe/ what isn't. The bottom line is that you evidently have NO formal training on this stuff, yet you want to tell us all what is and isn't "safe". On top of arguing about what you don't know about, you can't even spell check the fucking post. *tip: use firefox, it'll underline mis-spelled words in red for you, instantly*

It has nothing to do with knowing it all, or being an expert...it has to do with not doing stupid shit that only handicaps your ability to fight with a pistol.

When you give advice that your not qualified to offer, and advice that runs contrary to proven techniques and procedures...expect to get called out on it.

(Adams County)

I always carry with one in the pipe. When I carry a DA or "safe" modern SA revolver I keep the cylinder fully loaded.
    My feeling is that if I need to use the weapon it needs to be ready. Time in this case is not a friend and I may need the additional shot as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kx90 View Post
    So why even bother carrying a pistol? I mean if your fists of fury or your blade of destiny is enough, why bother with a pistol that isn't even loaded in an area that has hardly any crime?
    Because you just never know, even fists, and a good CQC weapon as well as knowledge cant help you if someone pulls a gun from across the street...there was an armed robery at a local gas station only a few month ago, the only one in about 10 years, but if it happens again and I am there, at leats I can do soemthing about it...I didnt mention the fact that I work with the mail and often times amd transporting mail, its not uncommon for peopel to hold up mail carriers...as there is alot of monye, checks, credit cards, personal info and drugs in a batch of random mail at any given moment, so its also for work...

Quote Originally Posted by synergy View Post
    The only reason I/ we took issue with your posts is your made up BS about what is safe/ what isn't. The bottom line is that you evidently have NO formal training on this stuff, yet you want to tell us all what is and isn't "safe". On top of arguing about what you don't know about, you can't even spell check the fucking post. *tip: use firefox, it'll underline mis-spelled words in red for you, instantly*

It has nothing to do with knowing it all, or being an expert...it has to do with not doing stupid shit that only handicaps your ability to fight with a pistol.

When you give advice that your not qualified to offer, and advice that runs contrary to proven techniques and procedures...expect to get called out on it.

I see, profanity, is that what it comes down to? Childish...Also like many otgher forums words are taken otu of context and therefore debatable, but I never gave any advice as to how others shoudl carry their weapons, many of you still talk about not giving advice, I never did? I simply stated what I do...go back and re-read my posts and your own ignorant replies...

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    Negative rep sent - if you can't be bothered to read what you are typing then you shouldn't post it at all.
    lol...you got a little brown on the end of your nose there...

(Luzerne County)

1. If someone pulls a gun across a street what would you do?
    2. I didn't know people who work with the mail or post office could carry a gun. Am I missing something?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    1. If someone pulls a gun across a street what would you do?
    2. I didn't know people who work with the mail or post office could carry a gun. Am I missing something?
    If someone across the street pulled a gun and pointed it my way I woudl pull my gun and shoot them all while trying to take cover, however, If they didnt point it my way I would have to look at the situation and see why...there is a chance its a good guy like you and me trying to diffuse a bad situation or perhaps an undercover officer...I have to be aware of my suroundings, but hey if the guns pointed at me Ill take my chance and ask questions later, better to me tried by 12 then carried by 6...right...and as far as the mail goes your right, postal employees are not allowed to carry on duty or in postal buildings, but I dont work directly for the post office, I am employeed by a women who holds multiple mail contracts...so on paper Im self employeed...I can carry in the car and while transporting the mail, but I cant bring the gun into the mail facility, however where I work the building is privately owned, its not a postal owned building, so I can carry while at work while sorting...
    Last edited by cutlerylover; January 8th, 2009 at 06:23 PM.

Now I woudl like to end this before you start replyign again...

There is NO reason why any of us should continue wasting our time with this discussion, thats just forum BS, honestly, I will be the adult and say I have things to learn, fine...I am new to guns, fine...as an adult I will admit I dont know it all (apparently some of you do) but I never meant to "give advice" never thought I was...I was simply making a statement and sharing with all of you what I do, thats what we do on these forums, talk and discuss, not be immature and curse...or say anyone is wrong...becaue how you carry and what you carry is personal prefference, no one is right or wrong...so please end it...I admit my ignorrance ok...thats what adults do, admit when they are wrong, I was wrong in some ways....I appologize for getting some of your blood pressure levels up, that wasn't my intention, lol, Ill just sit back and read the forums and keep my mouth shut, Ill come to my own conclusions about what I think but not voice my opinion as much...
    Last edited by cutlerylover; January 8th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.

(Cambria County)

Now I woudl like to end this before you start replyign again...

There is NO reason why any of us should continue wasting our time with this discussion, thats just forum BS, honestly, I will be the adult and say I have things to learn, fine...I am new to guns, fine...as an adult I will admit I dont know it all (apparently some of you do) but I never meant to "give advice" never thought I was...I was simply making a statement and sharing with all of you what I do, thats what we do on these forums, talk and discuss, not be immature and curse...or say anyone is wrong...becaue how you carry and what you carry is personal prefference, no one is right or wrong...so please end it...I admit my ignorrance ok...thats what adults do, admit when they are wrong, I was wrong in some ways....I appologize for getting some of your blood pressure levels up, that wasn't my intention, lol, Ill just sit back and read the forums and keep my mouth shut, Ill come to my own conclusions about what I think but not voice my opinion as much...
    Welcome to the forum. It looks like you are getting off to a rough start here, but at least it seems you are trying to be big about it, I have to give you some credit for that.

Don't forget that the people here that 'criticize' you are only trying to help. We have some forum members here, like synergy, that are very well versed in modern tactics, techniques and procedures regarding firearms. Ultimately you are responsible for your own safety, and you should never rely solely on stuff you find on the internet, but the advice given here is usually good quality. If someone were giving lousy advice to you, there would be a slew of people jumping all over it... Kinda like how you got jumped all over.

As for the spell-check thing... I hope you reconsider your stance. Lousy spelling on the forum is like dealing with someone that mumbles when they talk to you. It is hard to understand and gets annoying pretty quick. There is a wealth of information to be gained here, and I am sure you have meaningful insights to contribute as well, so I hope you find the courtesy to make your messages easier for the rest of us to understand.

Page 44 of 48 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 LastLast