Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Centre County)

Default Pretty good night at the FOAC Gun Bash March 17

Had a good night at the FOAC gun bash and kept my streak alive with 2 of my ticket buyers winning guns from the main entry ticket. I've sold at least one winner for each of the bashes (2 per year) since I got involved with the FOAC gun bash a number of years ago.

That said, I have never won from the main entry ticket but I have won from the side raffles. After a 2 event drought, last night I won on the $5 table and picked up a CZ75SP01 Tactical. Later in the evening I won on the $10 table and got a rifle I have wanted for a while, the Ruger Precision Rifle. This is their newest edition and is in camo. Caliber is .308 Win. Now I just have to get optics to bring out the best performance. That's the fun part, getting everything to mesh with good results.

One of my ticket buyers (I was sitting with them) was a young lady and she won the Tikka T3X TACA1 TB in 6.5 Creedmoor. She was tickled to death (but I get to hold it before she does as I'll do the transfer to her when it's shipped to me). The other winner was another young lady and I think she won the Gen 5 Glock G19 with night sights.
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Pretty good night at the FOAC Gun Bash March 17

Nice!!

I was there as well. I always have a good time. I too have never won off of a main entry ticket. I did win a $3 pick of the table a year and a half ago. I chose a Ruger LC9s.

I was one number away from the 7:00 FN SCAR. They called 2...6....0, and I was 266. I would've enjoyed that!

I always look forward to the bash.

(Allegheny County)

Congrats to you winners.
    Niether I nor my neighbor won anything and had to leave at 530 but I did score.
    The guy sitting next to me won a years membership at Washington County Machine Guns.
    Very cool.
    Even more cool was he gave it to me.
    I've had an application to join there filled out for a while but never got a chance to stop there.

Food was great. One of my friends was selling tickets.
    My neighbor said it was the best bash hes gone to and will go again.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Congrats to you winners.
    Niether I nor my neighbor won anything and had to leave at 530 but I did score.
    The guy sitting next to me won a years membership at Washington County Machine Guns.
    Very cool.
    Even more cool was he gave it to me.
    I've had an application to join there filled out for a while but never got a chance to stop there.

Food was great. One of my friends was selling tickets.
    My neighbor said it was the best bash hes gone to and will go again.
    Congrats !! Make sure to attend one of our orientation sessions before using the range. Next one is this Friday at 10 am.

My streak is alive and well with zero wins again. I see my $50 ticket as paying for food and getting to hang with like-minded people. Had a great time and enjoyed talking to lots of people about our MG's.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Allegheny County)

The display of machine guns was great. Thanks for what you do. $50 isn't bad for the ticket, what's bad is the money I spend trying to win off the table. Every time we say we should've just gone to Ace and picked out something for layaway! Of course, there's nothing like winning and getting to choose off the table...

There were so many guns on display and being carried around I can't believe we made it out of there alive.

(Bucks County)

Nice job!

I need to get out there for this and get a room as well. Long travel from bucks.

(Centre County)

Hoppy,
    I'm one of the FOAC guys up by the entrance who gives out the tickets for the veterans and LE free raffle. After that is done I go and sit with friends and enjoy the rest of the evening. I probably spent (not including the main entrance tickets) $250 all night. So, with what I won, that puts me in the black for a while
    Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCMG View Post
    Congrats !! Make sure to attend one of our orientation sessions before using the range. Next one is this Friday at 10 am.

My streak is alive and well with zero wins again. I see my $50 ticket as paying for food and getting to hang with like-minded people. Had a great time and enjoyed talking to lots of people about our MG's.
    Thanks.
    I was going to wait for a card coming in the mail.
    I should have introduced myself.
    I was the old bald fat guy with bad knees and can't hear or see. You must remember me. Ha.
    I'm out of town till Thurs but need to do.bloodwork Friday morning.
    Ill.call and see if I can schedule early enough to.make it there by 10.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    Thanks.
    I was going to wait for a card coming in the mail.
    I should have introduced myself.
    I was the old bald fat guy with bad knees and can't hear or see. You must remember me. Ha.
    I'm out of town till Thurs but need to do.bloodwork Friday morning.
    Ill.call and see if I can schedule early enough to.make it there by 10.
    Sounds like a lot of poofers to me. I know I qualify, except I can sort of hear and see. Except when my wife asks of course.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Xringshooter View Post
    Hoppy,
    I'm one of the FOAC guys up by the entrance who gives out the tickets for the veterans and LE free raffle. After that is done I go and sit with friends and enjoy the rest of the evening. I probably spent (not including the main entrance tickets) $250 all night. So, with what I won, that puts me in the black for a while
    I'm going to have to get a Poofa shirt to wear next time. I remember walking by there several times.
    You're doing great being ahead! I usually spend about $200 for the day not including ticket. I've won 2 guns so far so I'm probably still ahead but heading toward breaking even which needs to change!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast