Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Where are the calls for his resignation?

Florida Congressman: Palin 'Don't Care Too Much What They Do With Jews and Blacks'

September 24, 2008 6:21 PM

ABC News' Teddy Davis Reports: Florida Democratic Congressman Alcee Hastings pointed to Sarah Palin on Wednesday to rally Jews to Obama.

"If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

Hastings, who is a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, made his comments in Washington, D.C., while participating in a panel discussion sponsored by the National Jewish Democratic Council.

Asked what the congressman meant, Hastings spokesman David Goldenberg told ABC News that he was trying to argue that Palin is an "extremely conservative woman who is out of touch with mainstream America."

After saying that Palin "don't care too much" about Jews and blacks, Hastings argued that African Americans and Jews should come together behind Obama because there are many issues on which they agree.

"Just like Jews, blacks care about affordable health care, energy independence, and the separation of church and state," said Hastings. "And just like blacks, Jews care about equal pay for equal work, investment in alternative energy, and a woman's right to choose."

Asked about the Hastings criticism, Palin spokeswoman Maria Comella said, "We’re taking a pass."
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Default Re: Where are the calls for his resignation?

I sent thim the following

Quote Originally Posted by Letter to Asshole
    Congressman,

In response to your statement "If Sarah Palin isn’t enough of a reason for you to get over whatever your problem is with Barack Obama, then you damn well had better pay attention," said Hastings. "Anybody toting guns and stripping moose don’t care too much about what they do with Jews and blacks. So, you just think this through."

How exactly has "stripping moose" and "toting guns" become a qualifier for being a racist and apparently a nazi?

I'm being serious. I'm not in your constituency but let's be clear here. You are a public servant, nothing more. How DARE you demonize hunters and people who exercise their God given rights. This country would not be such without people with backgrounds that would have those qualifications on it.

How easily could I flip the statement and claim you're only saying to vote for Obama because he's black? There's no real meat or logic behind the argument, just like your statement that people who hunt and own guns are racist and hate jewish people.

You make me sick.

If you want to attack her on an issue, go ahead that's fair game but to play these illogical ad-hominem games really shows your level of intelligence.

Sincerely,

Joshua L***

Where liberty is but a flickering flame in the distance., New Jersey

Thumbs down Re: Where are the calls for his resignation?

Silly silly boys. You have no right to get enraged by his statements. Gov. Palin is a conservative white woman. Everyone knows they are not protected by the same ideals as liberals. Especially when the one throwing racial statements is a black liberal.

I would suggest hanging this dipshit from the nearest tree, but that would be seen as a racial statement. I want to be clear any public official saying shit like this should be taken out back to a wood shed no matter the color of their skin. I am sickened by the lack of outrage over the statements made about Gov. Palin and Sen. McCain, but ANY criticism of Obama is only because he is black.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Where are the calls for his resignation?

it's just more "*****tivity"* from a bitter black man. i see it alot from guys his generation; unfortunately, they pass it on and teach to young black people, who continue the tradtion of Uncle Tom-foolery.

*copyright 2002, Alex A****