Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default So; is the GSG .22LR really worth $570.00?

Just wondering, I finally, FINALLY, seen one of these up close and personal - it was a nice looking rifle, but I'm not so sure it was 570-nice for a .22LR.

I'm betting/hoping you GSG owners paid less. Else - do you really feel you got your ducats worth?

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: So; is the GSG .22LR really worth $570.00?

Holy fuck.

I think the most I've seen people paying was $500 or a hair over that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Yeah... 570 or 500... who cares? Its still way to much for a 22 rifle. The only use I see for it is for mall ninjas who want to be tacti-cool or people who use an MP5 on a daily basis who want to train with less cost. Its cool... don't get me wrong. BUT, its not worth the 500+ dollars it takes to get it.

I paid 460 for mine, I'll be picking it up tomorrow so I can't tell you how it shoots yet. It just seemed more logical to me to spend almost 500 bucks for this all new dedicated .22 tacticool weapon than to spend 350 or so for an AK47 "Krinker Plinker" kit for my 10/22 and have some kind of frankenstein weapon. I don't know, just my two cents.

(Allegheny County)

I also think the GSG is overpriced. IMHO, rather than spend 570 on the GSG, get a dedicated (not a conversion unit) .22lr upper for your AR and have the benefit of fun and economical practice shooting.

The GSG does have a certain appeal, but I couldn't see spending any more than 300.00 for that appeal.
    "He was born with the gift of laughter and a sense that the world was mad."
    Rafael Sabatini's "Scaramouche"

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hozen View Post
    Yeah... 570 or 500... who cares? Its still way to much for a 22 rifle. The only use I see for it is for mall ninjas who want to be tacti-cool or people who use an MP5 on a daily basis who want to train with less cost. Its cool... don't get me wrong. BUT, its not worth the 500+ dollars it takes to get it.
    I have a 10/22. I gave about $180.00 for it. Add on the bull barrel, houge over mold stock Scope mount, titanium firing pin, rebuild the trigger group, new extractor. I am sure I missed a few things. When you add it all up it could be $500.00 or more.

If you want one buy it. If you don't want one don't spend the bucks.

I have one on my want list.
    Last edited by normanvin; September 25th, 2008 at 08:41 AM. Reason: added
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 1832 View Post
    I also think the GSG is overpriced. IMHO, rather than spend 570 on the GSG, get a dedicated (not a conversion unit) .22lr upper for your AR and have the benefit of fun and economical practice shooting.

The GSG does have a certain appeal, but I couldn't see spending any more than 300.00 for that appeal.
    I agree. I'd almost be willing the throw down 300 for it, but 500 is way to much. Its about one step away from an air soft gun. I wouldn't mind owning one just for shits and tickles, but I can think of better weapons to spend 500 bones on first.

A dedicated AR upper would be a good solution for those who have AR's already. Plus, the AR platform is easy to customize with all the aftermarket support out there.

I guess I just don't get it. I realize everyone has their own opinions and likes and dislikes, but I don't find shooting the .22LR round all that fun. Sure, it's cheap, but so is a BB gun. Its just not exciting. The .22LR isn't really a good defensive round and I doubt anyone is using their GSG for squirrel hunting (though, I suppose you could) so all I can figure is people are buying these for range plinkers or for training of some sort (though, I kinda doubt it).

For those of you who own a GSG, what was the motivation to buy one? I see a lot of folks over at ar15.com who have them and it seems most of them bought them for "project guns" to play with.

(Philadelphia County)

Its about one step away from an air soft gun.
    That is a little Over exaggerated if you ask me. It is a .22, and it can kill you.
    That's a bit more, than one step away from a air soft gun.

For those of you who own a GSG, what was the motivation to buy one? I see a lot of folks over at ar15.com who have them and it seems most of them bought them for "project guns" to play with.
    I have one myself in the rifle version, and it is very fun to shoot. I bought mine just for plinking at the range. It is cheap to shoot, very comfortable, accurate and IMO, the coolest looking .22lr on the market. As far as how much someone is willing to spend to have fun, is totally up to that person, and is a matter of taste.

As for the amount of $570, I wouldn't pay that. I bought mine one gunbroker for $460 shipped. You definitely could find them cheaper.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

(Allegheny County)

Mine was $460, paid for it, but still waiting for it to get to my FFL. I have seen them as low as $420 or so.

As far as motivation, I was told I had to buy one or my CMN (Certified Mall Ninja) certification would be revoked. Wouldn't want to lose that!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Just wondering, I finally, FINALLY, seen one of these up close and personal - it was a nice looking rifle, but I'm not so sure it was 570-nice for a .22LR.

I'm betting/hoping you GSG owners paid less. Else - do you really feel you got your ducats worth?
    Here you go. Plus no sales tax for out of state buyers. Just to give you an idea, that you can find one cheaper.
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=111098622
    http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIte...Item=110719175
    Last edited by RONNIE77; September 25th, 2008 at 10:40 AM.
    ZRT -SECTOR-7
    "If you do not stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them" - Unknown
    "Incoming fire has the right of way" - Murphy's Military Laws
    "Fast is fine, accuracy is final" - Larry Vickers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast