Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Carry at the Franklin Institute

The wife & I are headed to the Franklin Institute this weekend. I see in previous threads that concealed carry was not an issue. Is that still the case? Also - any recommended places to eat in the area?

Thanks.

Default Re: Carry at the Franklin Institute

Last time I was there 6=7 months ago, not an issue. No postings. Institute has its own slop houses. Walk down the street toward the old 4 Seasons hotel and there's a very high end steak house at The Logan. Some decent places along Fairmount Ave, across the street from the Art Museum. e.g., Bishop's Collar, LaCalaca Feliz, Jack's Firehouse. I've eaten at each of them and suffered no ill consequences http://www.thecollar.us http://www.lacalacafeliz.com http://www.jacksfirehouse.com/default.aspx No issues with carry in any of them, just keep it concealed. You do NOT want to create an "open carry" shit storm. There are more libtards per square inch along Fairmount than you can count. And about 8-10 blocks down the street from those restaurants toward Broad St., several months ago, an attorney was shot in the head and killed by a couple of, shall we say, choir boys who had yet to turn their lives around. So, yuppy ville though it may look, you want to be in "high condition Yellow." HTH

TB605

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    Last time I was there 6=7 months ago, not an issue. No postings. Institute has its own slop houses. Walk down the street toward the old 4 Seasons hotel and there's a very high end steak house at The Logan. Some decent places along Fairmount Ave, across the street from the Art Museum. e.g., Bishop's Collar, LaCalaca Feliz, Jack's Firehouse. I've eaten at each of them and suffered no ill consequences http://www.thecollar.us http://www.lacalacafeliz.com http://www.jacksfirehouse.com/default.aspx No issues with carry in any of them, just keep it concealed. You do NOT want to create an "open carry" shit storm. There are more libtards per square inch along Fairmount than you can count. And about 8-10 blocks down the street from those restaurants toward Broad St., several months ago, an attorney was shot in the head and killed by a couple of, shall we say, choir boys who had yet to turn their lives around. So, yuppy ville though it may look, you want to be in "high condition Yellow." HTH

TB605
    The Bishops Collar does not want anyone to carry there so if you do stop in keep it concealed. My boss had an issue there.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Since there are no postings on the entry way it is very difficult to know what BC wants. For "trespassing" to have legal effect, they'd have to post a no-guns allowed sign, last time I checked. But, you're correct, if it's concealed, it's concealed.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the replies, guys. Carried my Glock 43, and no one was the wiser.

(Bucks County)

Any updated issues there with concealed carry? Heading down in a couple of weeks possibly.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pag23 View Post
    Any updated issues there with concealed carry? Heading down in a couple of weeks possibly.
    Same here. If anyone has been down there this year, can you give an update on MD or any signs posted?

The important factor is the Philly Police Dept. As a rule, they violate PA law and refuse to recognize OC. So just don't, you will lose the argument. Carry with that in mind; secured in a way that just won't readily flash anyone. Defend your rights in a voting booth or court room, not in public with cops who will be happy to oblige your "rambunctious" behavior.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyc View Post
    The important factor is the Philly Police Dept. As a rule, they violate PA law and refuse to recognize OC. So just don't, you will lose the argument. Carry with that in mind; secured in a way that just won't readily flash anyone. Defend your rights in a voting booth or court room, not in public with cops who will be happy to oblige your "rambunctious" behavior.
    You lost me on this one. What does OC have to do with this?

And while there is a good chance you will he stopped while OCing, with your LTCF you will be on your way with little issue.

(Montgomery County)

I was at the Franklin Institute on June 20, 2019. No postings about weapons that I saw. I carried concealed, and did not encounter any metal detectors, pat-downs, or questions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast