Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default New Glock Purchase

I just traded in my SA 1911 high Cap for a new Glock 21 .45 ACP. I am very pleased with the fit and finish of the G21. I have yet to fire it but have in the past with a friends G21. It is truely a combat fighting pistol without a doubt.

(Bucks County)

Default New Glock...

Curious about why you traded the 1911, unhappy with the SA? Was it an even up trade or did you throw down some more cash. I'm not too familiar with Glocks, is it carry-friendly? We'll be waiting for your range report...Mike45

(Montgomery County)

Congrats on the 21. I have a 21C and it is a terrific pistol. I've never traded away a gun and I am sorry to hear that you had to give up a 1911 (unless you were having trouble with it). I have enough friends with guns who are all sad about "the one" that they traded away that I've been slow & careful in my own selections. Fortunately, I go to enough shoots that I can borrow anything that I do not own!
    If you find a holster/carry method that works for you, please let us know.
    I carry a G26 most of the time and I've not been able to find a combination that I can conceal with the 21.
    High cap 1911? Was that a double stack?
    Mike

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmMike
    I have enough friends with guns who are all sad about "the one" that they traded away
    I've always felt that way which is why I've always said I'll never get rid of any of my guns unless I'm literally starving and about to be living on the street.

I have a closet full of handguns I haven't fired in a long time so they just sit locked up in their boxes.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Bucks County)

I went through a pistol experimentation phase, but I didn't want to keep all the also-rans. Better to convert them to cash to buy other things I did want.

(Luzerne County)

Talking

I traded the Springfield Armory 1911 because I was unhappy with it and SA support was terrible when I needed it. I traded it for the G21 and haven't looked back. The G21 is a far better shooter out of the box than my SA was. I put the first 13 rds in the 10 ring @ 25 yrds with no problems. I only paid $50 with the trade. The G21 rocks the house !

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSGF109
    I traded the Springfield Armory 1911 because I was unhappy with it and SA support was terrible when I needed it. I traded it for the G21 and haven't looked back. The G21 is a far better shooter out of the box than my SA was. I put the first 13 rds in the 10 ring @ 25 yrds with no problems. I only paid $50 with the trade. The G21 rocks the house !
    Glad to hear you're happy with it. Someday, I'll be adding one of those to the collection. Happy shooting!
    Mike(starblazer)
    USAF vet. NRA life member. GOA life member.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by 9mmMike
    Congrats on the 21. I have a 21C and it is a terrific pistol. I've never traded away a gun and I am sorry to hear that you had to give up a 1911 (unless you were having trouble with it). I have enough friends with guns who are all sad about "the one" that they traded away that I've been slow & careful in my own selections. Fortunately, I go to enough shoots that I can borrow anything that I do not own!
    If you find a holster/carry method that works for you, please let us know.
    I carry a G26 most of the time and I've not been able to find a combination that I can conceal with the 21.
    High cap 1911? Was that a double stack?
    Mike
    Yes mike it was a 1911 high cap double stack. So is my new G21. I will carry the G21 in the winter months concealed either in a shoulder holster or a high ride hip holster. In the summer months I carry a G23 in a IWB rig. I don't regret the trade in of the SA. I love the fit , feel and shootability of the G21. The SA was just soo heavy and getting accessories like amb. thumb safety, mags, and rubber grips were impossible.