Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Tisas - Regent 1911 A1 (Aftermarket?)

So I ended up with a Tisas Regent 1911 A1 45ACP and I was wondering what aftermarket parts will fit this gun? Do all 1911 parts fir interchangeably?
    First and foremost I want some different grips...
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Tisas - Regent 1911 A1 (Aftermarket?)

The short answer is yes. Internals usually need to be fitted though.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Indiana County)

Probably. Grips you'll have to check, the girsan ones used metric for the grip screws and bushings which means those need swapped out too.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    So I ended up with a Tisas Regent 1911 A1 45ACP and I was wondering what aftermarket parts will fit this gun? Do all 1911 parts fir interchangeably?
    First and foremost I want some different grips...
    How do you like the Regent 1911? I almost bought a used one a few weeks ago but didn't know much about them. I have to go into Philly once a week and was looking for a inexpensive but reliable carry gun.

(Lancaster County)

I've got the Tisas 1911 and like it a lot, works well only about 800 rounds through it (I know, barely broken in) no misfires or FTF/FTE, not as crisp as my Kimber, but a whole lot cheaper.

Cb
    Cb Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wellcraft View Post
    How do you like the Regent 1911? I almost bought a used one a few weeks ago but didn't know much about them. I have to go into Philly once a week and was looking for a inexpensive but reliable carry gun.
    Ill be taking it to the range tomorrow, ill report back. I like it so far without shooting it, Im a Glock guy myself but this was so cheap I had to get it!
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

(Northampton County)

I have a Zenith Arms imported Tisas M45 1911 Commander model and bang for the buck believe the Tisas 1911 are very nice pistols.

I bought mine for the exact same reason you did after being forced to drive through North Philly after my wife was released from the hospital and the Turnpike Northeast extension was closed. It was the first time I felt "under gunned" with a 9mm High Power, its a scary place that time of the night when you have a sick wife who is not mobile.

I also have 2 Springfield Armory 1911s, a full size GI model and a V10 Ultra comp and believe the Zenith/Tisas quality is the same or better for allot less money.

I just added a Laserlyte lasergrip to mine. I was lucky and caught what I beleive is a sale price on Amazon, but even at the $100 full price I think the upgrade made allot of sense for a carry gun.