Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Another RINO Disappointment

Just received this from Eric Roe, freshman rep for PA 158:

Where I Stand on Gun Legislation

Over the last several days, my wife, Alice, and I have been reflecting on the tragic loss of life in Parkland, Florida. With Alice due with twins next month, it makes this horrific tragedy even more real for me.

How many senseless deaths like this need to take place until we focus on protecting our children? At some point, politicians need to say enough is enough and work on solutions regarding school safety and gun violence. We must come together as a community and fight for commonsense legislation that will actually save lives and protect the rights of law-abiding citizens. While some in Washington, D.C., and Harrisburg refuse to act, I will not.

The following are some of the bills that I’ve actively worked on and co-sponsored months ago that would address senseless gun violence:

House Bill 1400: Background Checks for Firearms for Gun Shows - Currently, the Crimes Code requires firearm sales be conducted in front of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff. However, this provision is only applicable to short-barreled firearms. This legislation would remove this applicability provision and require all firearm sales, regardless of the barrel length, be conducted in front of a licensed importer, manufacturer, dealer or county sheriff.

Ultimately, this legislation would require background checks be conducted for each firearm purchase, with the exception of gifts to family members, ensuring that individuals attempting to obtain a firearm are authorized to possess such weapons.

House Bill 1872: Ban on Rapid Fire or “Multiburst Trigger Activators,” also known as bump stocks in Pennsylvania - The Pennsylvania Crimes Code currently bans “offensive weapons,” which includes items such as machine guns, sawed-off shotguns and grenades. Violation of this section carries a penalty of a first-degree misdemeanor.

This legislation would add “multiburst trigger activators” to the list of offensive weapons, and includes items such as binary triggers and slide fire/bump stocks—like the one used in the Las Vegas shooting.

These firearm modifications can simulate fully automatic rates of fire, and are able to expel over 600 rounds per minute—more than 9 rounds per second.

House Bill 2060: Removing Firearms from Convicted Domestic Abusers - Under this legislation, an individual found guilty and sentenced before a judge would be required to relinquish all firearms in their possession, thereby narrowing the window of time in which convicted abusers would have to relinquish their weapons from 60 days to 48 hours for an individual convicted of the misdemeanor crime of domestic violence. The defendant would be prohibited from turning over their weapons to a family member or friend and instead would be required to relinquish them to law enforcement, an authorized gun dealer or an attorney.

I fully understand the importance of protecting victims of domestic violence and their children through my involvement with the Domestic Violence Center of Chester County. I feel that this legislation is especially timely due to the scourge of shootings in our country and their links to domestic violence.

On top of this legislation, we must, as a community, come together to ensure no one ever feels so lost and depressed that they feel the need to carry out one of these tragic events. We must do our part when seeing someone who is crying out for help, especially a child or teen, and take the time to reach out to them and offer support.

Since day one of taking office, I’ve done everything possible to work across party lines to bring about change in our community. This is not a political issue; this is common sense. It is my hope and firm belief that Harrisburg can come together and enact commonsense gun legislation that can prevent mass shootings in Pennsylvania.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

(Fayette County)

Default Re: Another RINO Disappointment

Here is Roe's mugshot:

Eric Roe Mugshot.jpg

I note he was indoctrinated overseas with a M.Sc. in Public Policy from University College London.

B. Reed Henderson High School, 2006
    American University, B.A. in Political Science 2010
    University College London, M. Science in Public Policy 2015

http://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs/...io.cfm?id=1755

(Susquehanna County)

My momma always said if you have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing.. well this fool is a nothing
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lackawanna County)

If you’re convicted of domestic abuse doesn’t that make you prohibited already?

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    If you’re convicted of domestic abuse doesn’t that make you prohibited already?
    And is my belt loop a "multiburst trigger activator"?

Arrest that man, he's wearing pants!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    And is my belt loop a "multiburst trigger activator"?

Arrest that man, he's wearing pants!
    They'll arrest you for not wearing pants, and they'll arrest you for wearing pants with belt loops. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

(Allegheny County)

There's always sweatpants.

(Berks County)

Well, first I read this: Over the last several days, my wife, Alice, and I have been reflecting... and figured, cuck.

When I reached this I just stopped, figuring the rest was full of fail: this provision is only applicable to short-barreled firearms... Which I guess is true. Except for handguns.

So...

catastrophic-failure.jpg

(Berks County)

Well, first I read this: Over the last several days, my wife, Alice, and I have been reflecting... and figured, cuck.

When I reached this I just stopped, figuring the rest was full of fail: this provision is only applicable to short-barreled firearms... Which I guess is true. Except for handguns.

So...

catastrophic-failure.jpg