Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Resident

(Delaware County)

Default New Resident

Hello y'all!

I just moved to Essington for a temporary work assignment (1-2 years). I am an on call airline pilot.

I just applied for my NR CWP. I am a competitive shooter and am bringin up my 3 gun shite to shoot some IDPA, USPSA and 3 gun matches, since I will be up there doing literally nothing most weekends for a long while.

I had found a nearby outdoor state range that was free or nearly so, and bookmarked it. Now I can't find it. IIRC it had a minimal requirement to join something to shoot there.

Does anyone know what range that would be?

Also, if anyone would like to go to the range and blast some, then have a couple beers, that would be great, as I'm up there doing not a damned thing often. I will have a car, but not for a few weeks.

????????????????????????????

Just how spazzed out would the local Delaware county deputies and local PD be if I were to Open Carry? I will be waiting up to 45 days to have a single gun right, so that's why I ask. Please don't start a typical OC is da debo/I support the second amendment BUT thread.

(Erie County)

Default Re: New Resident

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine Emmissions View Post
    Hello y'all!

I just moved to Essington for a temporary work assignment (1-2 years). I am an on call airline pilot.

I just applied for my NR CWP. I am a competitive shooter and am bringin up my 3 gun shite to shoot some IDPA, USPSA and 3 gun matches, since I will be up there doing literally nothing most weekends for a long while.

I had found a nearby outdoor state range that was free or nearly so, and bookmarked it. Now I can't find it. IIRC it had a minimal requirement to join something to shoot there.

Does anyone know what range that would be?

Also, if anyone would like to go to the range and blast some, then have a couple beers, that would be great, as I'm up there doing not a damned thing often. I will have a car, but not for a few weeks.

????????????????????????????

Just how spazzed out would the local Delaware county deputies and local PD be if I were to Open Carry? I will be waiting up to 45 days to have a single gun right, so that's why I ask. Please don't start a typical OC is da debo/I support the second amendment BUT thread.
    So.....you are going to walk everywhere? Carrying in a vehicle, or even possessing a handgun in a vehicle, even unloaded, is a felony. Might be hard to get a LTCF then. IANAL But these guys are:

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/guns-i...-pennsylvania/

(Berks County)

Pa state ranges have lots of ammo and shooting amount/times rules. Idpa ipsic not compatible. No holsters.

(Berks County)

If your a new resident, why did you apply for a non resident license?

(Warren County)

Welcome to PAFOA and PA.

This is the best site on the 'net for real information about guns in PA.

Suggest you heed the wisdom above.

The "CWP" is referred to here by its real title, a License To Carry Firearms, and the grammar nazis will rib you about it.

DO NOT EVER drive into NJ with any kind of firearm or ammunition in your car. Your paperwork and permits mean nothing in the communist workers paradise of NJ. A single hollowpoint .22 is a felony there, I shit you not.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Susquehanna County)

Welcome and second the LTCF thing..

Should not have a problem walking around with OC.. just don't get on any method of conveyance without a LTCF even if it is out in the open
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Delaware County)

I will be on foot for a few weeks, yes. So I see Uber is out.

If I have my car before my LTCF, how does the first legal exception not apply?

“In addition, Pennsylvania law provides that “any person who carries a firearm in any vehicle…without a valid and lawfully issued license…commits a felony.”2 This rule does not apply to:

Those traveling to or from target shooting, if the firearm is unloaded with the cartridges or shells carried in a separate container;”

Going to a match would seem to be precisely that.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    If your a new resident, why did you apply for a non resident license?
    I spoke inaccurately, as I will not be changing residency from SC (which does not have reciprocal agreements with PA for my CWP). I will be “staying” in Delaware County for this time period many days a month.

I used my SC CWP to apply for my NR LTCF.

Words definitely matter!

(Delaware County)

Markshere2,
    I will definitely be avoiding the PRNJ, as I am very familiar with Ms. Shaheen and Brian Aitken’s loving treatment.

I bought a car there once and got to meet a NJ State Storm Trooper, attended an explosives course, and also visited the battleship NJ. I have no remaining sufficient reasons to return before the day I die.

What a horrible state.

(Warren County)

If your local county sheriff will not issue a LTCF, check back here. We will help you shop for a county that will.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast