Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Review: Midway 4 and 8 Magazine Pouches for AR15/AK47

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Thanks for the review EM. Just bought two of the 8 mag version and one of the 4. The 8 mag are on sale for $13 right now. The 4 mag version is on sale for $7.59 in black, and the multi-cam is on clearance for $4.91.

Oh crap! GREAT price for the Multicam!
    I picked each of them up for $8 each and then 8 mag sold out in Multicam then the price of the 4 mag Multicam dropped to $6.80 and now $4.91.
    Midway prices jump all over the place so you just have to watch if it's an item you want.

Just 2 weeks ago, the black 4 mag unit was on "clearance" for $4 and change! (then they went right back to regular price and the on sale again - but priced much higher. It's crazy.
    Camo patterns though seem to run a course, and once on clearance, they typically don't come back.

I hope you remembered the trick to reduce shipping cost!
    I forgot to mention that here. I'll post it up in a minute...

(Allegheny County)

EDIT: I've been told that this trick no longer works to the extent that it did at the time I posted it.

Regarding MidwayUSA and getting your shipping price reduced, here's a copy/paste of what I posted in the deals thread...

Midway USA REDUCED SHIPPING "code" Semi-secret.

I had seen this mentioned somewhere before but forgot about it.
    I was browsing gun cases and found a smoking hot deal that even I could afford at $16.
    Problem is the shipping was $13. Fuck it - that's too much. "I wonder if there are any current codes???"

I found this and tried it. It's a link to thousands of items that, when added to your cart, reduce the shipping cost SIGNIFICANTLY.
    Even adding a piddly little $3 item will work.

I found an item for $10 that I could actually use (no sense buying needlessly just to reduce shipping) and
    my shipping went from $13.50 down to $2.60!!!

Check it out!

Here is the DIRECT MIDWAY LINK to items that will reduce your shipping total.

It's been found that the shipping total fluctuates depending on the "free shipping item" that you add to your cart, so pick a few cheap items you could use, and plug in each to see how it affects the shipping total.
    Last edited by Emptymag; November 11th, 2018 at 11:40 AM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Regarding MidwayUSA and getting your shipping price reduced, here's a copy/paste of what I posted in the deals thread...

Midway USA REDUCED SHIPPING "code" Semi-secret.

I had seen this mentioned somewhere before but forgot about it.
    I was browsing gun cases and found a smoking hot deal that even I could afford at $16.
    Problem is the shipping was $13. Fuck it - that's too much. "I wonder if there are any current codes???"

I found this and tried it. It's a link to thousands of items that, when added to your cart, reduce the shipping cost SIGNIFICANTLY.
    Even adding a piddly little $3 item will work.

I found an item for $10 that I could actually use (no sense buying needlessly just to reduce shipping) and
    my shipping went from $13.50 down to $2.60!!!

Check it out!

Here is the DIRECT MIDWAY LINK to items that will reduce your shipping total.

It's been found that the shipping total fluctuates depending on the "free shipping item" that you add to your cart, so pick a few cheap items you could use, and plug in each to see how it affects the shipping total.
    I used this method, when this the other Midway thread first started, to pick up 3 of the cases mentioned in the OP. The pen refill I got for less than a dollar is still sitting on the ledge of my china cabinet in my dining room...

(Allegheny County)

I discovered that my photos were not appearing in this thread, so I went in and updated it, replacing the images.

Keep an eye out for them to go on sale, as Midway changes their prices more than I change underwear!

Hope this is of some help.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

The biggest problem I see with those shoulder bags is finding shoes to match them.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    The biggest problem I see with those shoulder bags is finding shoes to match them.
    LOL!

Try here. http://camoqueen.com/category/camouf...gh-heels-boots

(Lehigh County)

Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Allegheny County)

Bumping this.
    I forgot about this thread until I was organizing some gear this evening.

Current sale prices are fair - I just wish I had gotten more when I first ordered them.

(Allegheny County)

I had to rethink how I was going to load up some mags/pouches now that I have some new guns, and after messing around with what I have on hand, I think I have it figured out so that I don't need to buy any more pouches right now.

I've chosen to put surplus AK47 mags in the 4 mag pouch. They fit and are easier to remove from that pouch.

7.62x39 AR15 mags fit well in the 8 mag pouch. Both 28 & 30 rounders fit thanks to the modular nature of the flaps - they can be adjusted for mag length because they are attached inside with velcro.
    8 mags fit, but it gets bulky and heavy, so I'll only be putting 4 in - possibly just 3 and using the other pouch for something else. (ear plugs, light gloves, a flashlight, a box of ammo? Not sure)

I'm going to get a patch to put on the outside of the 4 mag/AK mag pouch so it's instantly identified as being for the AK vs the AR.

I have several of the USGI 8 mag pouches in ACU digital camo (not seen in this thread) that I'll use for 5.56 mags, so there won't be any confusion between x39 and 556.

(Allegheny County)

Does anyone know of a similar (throw over shoulder) type of mag pouch for PISTOL mags?
    I saw some on Amazon that hold 6 mags - seems excessive. 3 or 4 would be preferable.

Maybe there are other types I'm unaware of. Feel free to make suggestions.
    I'm more of a rifle guy, so I don't pay attention to a lot of handgun accessories.
    I just want to have a few extra mags on hand - near my house gun - that I can grab in an emergency that can be carried on a moment's notice - no time to feed through a belt, or otherwise attach to something - just grab and go.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast