Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: LTCF Question

(York County)

Default LTCF Question

Anybody ever had a problem getting a LTCF who was out of work? I moved to PA back in July and currently am not working. Any opinions if I should wait until I have an employer reference? And, I have personal references but not in York County.

I bring this up because of this on the York Co. sheriff site:

7. We will be contacting references and employer as part of the background process. Applications will be denied if contact information is incomplete or inaccurate.
    FOAC * GOA * SAF * NRA Life Member

Default Re: LTCF Question

Quote Originally Posted by rev214 View Post
    Anybody ever had a problem getting a LTCF who was out of work? I moved to PA back in July and currently am not working. Any opinions if I should wait until I have an employer reference? And, I have personal references but not in York County.

I bring this up because of this on the York Co. sheriff site:
    My opinion:

As long as you fill it out accurately, completely and honestly I would not imagine there would be a problem.

For employer, just write "not employed at this time" or something similar. Don't leave it blank.

Or you can also anonymously call and ask them

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by HiredGoon View Post
    My opinion:

As long as you fill it out accurately, completely and honestly I would not imagine there would be a problem.

For employer, just write "not employed at this time" or something similar. Don't leave it blank.

Or you can also anonymously call and ask them
    I would suggest not to do the bold above. I agree to fill it out honestly. But putting "Not employed" is all out lying. And if they find out that you ARE employed, and have been since before you filled out the application, that might be reason for them to not issue the LTCF.

My suggestion is to contact them and explain to them how contacting your employer is in violation of PA Code Title 18 Ch 61 § 6111 (i) stating:

(i) Confidentiality.--All information provided by the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant, including, but not limited to, the potential purchaser, transferee or applicant's name or identity, furnished by a potential purchaser or transferee under this section or any applicant for a license to carry a firearm as provided by section 6109 shall be confidential and not subject to public disclosure. In addition to any other sanction or penalty imposed by this chapter, any person, licensed dealer, State or local governmental agency or department that violates this subsection shall be liable in civil damages in the amount of $1,000 per occurrence or three times the actual damages incurred as a result of the violation, whichever is greater, as well as reasonable attorney fees.
    Just read the bold sections as they are the ones that are relevant to this situation.
    Last edited by Zef_66; September 23rd, 2008 at 01:57 PM.

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zef_66 View Post
    I would suggest not to do the bold above. I agree to fill it out honestly. But putting "Not employed" is all out lying..

My suggestion is to contact them and explain to them how contacting your employer is in violation of PA Code Title 18 Ch 61 § 6111 (i) stating:
    Do you know something we don't? rev said in his OP that he moved to PA back in July and isn't currently working.

(Snyder County)

Quote Originally Posted by IV_Warrior View Post
    Do you know something we don't? rev said in his OP that he moved to PA back in July and isn't currently working.
    Whoops. My bad. I guess I read, but didn't comprehend very well.

Since the OP is unemployed, putting unemployed in the employer field is fine.

But I have heard other people suggest putting unemployed, even if you have a job, since the "gov't doesn't need to know." I guess I didn't read very well.

Sorry.